1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Super Bowl LII] New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sajan, Jan 22, 2018.

?

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2018.
  1. Patriots

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. Eagles

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Buck Turgidson

There are no winners here. They both suck, thus this debate is inconsequential to me.

I'm just tired of the Pats. *Anyone but* is ok with me.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I was tired of the Pats for a decade. Eventually I just accepted their greatness and am appreciating it before it is gone. Nothing like Belichick and Brady has existed in football history and likely you will be buried on your land and I will be ashes on my son’s mantel before something like Brady and Belichick come around again.

3. Buck Turgidson

Oh I totally agree. There's been so many "yep, of course they just did that" moments with those guys.

Philly's defense has been fun to watch the handful of times I've seen them this year. Nick Foles is from Austin. So Go Eagles? [/Ron Burgundy voice]

ghettocheeze and Nook like this.
  4. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

I feel like this game will be much closer than a lot of talking heads are expecting.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

says everyone that pretty much doesn't want the pats to win again

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

This will be the first super bowl I skip. Not interested.

7. Buck Turgidson

"This will be the first Super Bowl where the fans have even worse brain damage than the players." -- Colin Jost

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not sure if it will happen, but a number of Twin Cities folks claim they are signing up for Uber so that they can pick up Eagles fans and drop them off in random locations.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As long as it's within 14 points by the 4th quarter, the Patriots will win unless someone from the eagles pulls off a once in a lifetime catch.

10. Buck Turgidson

Yet I learned this morning that Frank Reich is the Eagles OC.

Now I don't know what to think.

Plowman likes this.
  11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Damnit That does create quite the quandary...and I was born in Philly.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Was thinking two things today.

How brilliant would it be for NBC to have taped two versions of this is us for air tomorrow. One focusing on Eagles fans going through the trauma of loss. Or one with the New England fans going through it.

Then I thought of Pink, and how she almost ruined Monday Night Football for everyone before Faith Hill stepped in to save the day. And here we go again, but this time we have given her the national anthem. Something tells me this is going to go badly.

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I know a lot of people here hate Tom Brady, but at age 40 he just became the oldest MVP in the history of American professional sports. The man has dedicated his life to football and you have to respect that.

GOAT.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I've never been one that dislikes teams because they win too much. I was born in Philly and I still have some attachment to the city so I'd like to see them win...even though it likely means they will burn the city down in celebration.

What the Pats have done over the last 18 years is simply incredible and likely never to be seen again. The combo of Brady and Belichick is one of the greatest coach/player duos of all time. Maybe only rivaled by Bill Russel/Red Auerbach. To win a MVP at age 40 is unbelievable. I was at the Super Bowl last season. Watching in person what he did to the Falcons in the 2nd half is something I'll never forget and fell honored to have been able to witness it live.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

14-0 Eagles start, defense flying around making plays, possibly even turnovers that set up Philly for good scoring position...

Patriots make adjustments and scratch and claw their way to 14-13 deficit by mid 3rd quarter.

Eagles respond with 2 nice drives that eventually fizzle out due to penalties, bad calls, sacks, etc. Settle for 2 field goals to make it 20-13.

Just under 7 mins in 4th Patriots go on a scoring drive and tie the game 20-20 with a Brady TD pass.

Eagles get 2 first downs on the next drive but fizzle out again and have to punt with just under 3 mins left.

Brady methodically moves the ball down the field and throws a dump off to a random running back who scurries in with less than 30 seconds left to take the lead 27-20.

Eagles can't respond with little time on the clock. Patriots win again...

Foles 21-34 219 1TD 0INT

Brady 36-55 387 3TD 2INT

Some random patriots RB 12REC 97YDS 1TD 8FD

FML

16. Buck Turgidson

It's totally possible to respect them and at the same time think they're ******* scum and hate them. See: Nick Saban, Belichick, Roger Clemens, Kobe, Gronk, etc....

17. PhiSlammaJamma

To demonstrate that time travel is possible tonight:

• Leonardo DiCaprio is going to be the only thing anyone wants to talk about tomorrow.
    • Deep Fried Watermelon will suddenly be on everyone's must try list
    • There will be a real live polar bear that gets some buzz
    • a punt return for the ages.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I haven't paid attention to this game. What's the word on how Sota has done hosting? Has the cold been a big deal?

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Houston will be the next DYNASTY!

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think the definition of "overanalyzing" is having a bunch of people find a way to bet Foles over Brady in the biggest game of the year. LOL.

I love the plucky Eagles, but this seems insane.

Pats: 31-20. Safe with the under and Pats cover without much trouble.