1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns looking to trade Josh Jackson?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 13, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Still only 22.

I would take a chance on him 100% with his value at an all time low.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure what to think about him, he had some great games this season when Booker was out, he's realy athletic and plays the 3 which is where we have a hole...but like always, i don't think we have the assets even if we think he's worth it...

malakas and ramotadab like this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No matter how demoralizing some losses may be, as a fan I have learned to appreciate that my franchise could be worse.....much, much worse.

5. jowman

jowman Member

Can we trade Chris Paul. We can take back ryan Anderson and whatever other trash they have.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anderson is riding the bench in Miami bro :D

7. Handles

Handles Member

8. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Josh Jackson is garbage, on and off the court. Has been for some time now.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

do they have cap space? would do josh jackson for cp straight up

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Josh Jackson seems like a complete bust.

I predict he'll be on 3-4 teams before everyone gets it and then he'll be playing in the Big 3.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Yes we dont have someone trashy enough to trade for such a brainless bust.

The Suns should trade him with a team in China.

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be one of the few to take a flyer on him. Second rounder should be enough. Only 22, tremendous potential to be a 3 and D with the right team.

BamBam and xaos like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is his value that low? I honestly didn't know he has issues off the court :oops:

14. malakas

malakas Member

he got arrested yesterday for tresspassing the VIP of a festival and then tried to run away from the police handcuffed. :D
    It is difficult to find someone more stupid than him in the league.

Well I guess there is still Derrick Rose.

Jontro and Vivi like this.
  15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I'd rather take a flyer on Dragan Bender. Seems like he'll never live up to promise of his high pick, but also still have shown enough flashes/ has raw tools at 21 that'd be worth a non-guaranteed contract and put him in the RGV training program for Bigs.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao

17. Fantasma Negro

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

At this point i don't really if the Suns have a special talent to draft busts and idiots, or if they're just such a trash enviroment that literally ruins every player in one way or another.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't understand the thought process of drafting a dude that can't shoot?

I guess there's folks out there that think you can teach shooting? I mean, OCCASIONALLY it happens, I guess. Kawhi is probably most pointed to. For one, such an exception. For two, the guy was a very competent free throw shooter in college. For three, his shooting was improving. He was very streaky as a shooter in college. He'd go 4-5 from three one game, then he had a 5 game stretch where has 0-11 from three. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but while shooting was a risk for Kawhi, it was just a bigger offensive risk of will he ever be more than just an ok offensive player in almost every respect. After he left SDState preparing for the draft, he took huge strides offensively just in the few months of full time preparation.

Josh Jackson, on the other hand, is a guy, who kind of just lucked into a stretch of making threes in his one year in college, despite being a horrible free throw shooter. More particularly, his scouting report post workouts noted per draft express: When Jackson's jumper isn't falling, however, (which was reportedly often the case during most of his private NBA workouts), he really struggles to score in the half court. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Jackson-7239/ ©DraftExpress

When given months off to prepare and hone his shot, with no defense, he just couldn't shoot.

Now, the positives. All of the above is to say, you drafted this guy 4th? With the guys still available behind him? Fox (very next pick), Lauri, Isaac, Smith, Collins, Mitchell, Adebayo, Collins, Ferguson, Allen, Kuzma, etc, etc. But if he was drafted in late teens...

In 12 games in March, Josh shot 42% from three. In 5 games in April he shot 40%, played 37 mpg and went 19,8 and 4. His FT% has also been a surprise - not amazing but much better than college. He can d up.

If the asking price is low, definitely worth a flier.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

cc @Nook

Nook likes this.