1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer] Can Ryan Anderson be Fixed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, May 30, 2018.

?

Can Ryan Anderson Improve . . . . .. . .

1. His Shot Yes but nothing else

21 vote(s)
    19.1%
  2. Yes he is not that old

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Stick a fork in him . .he's done

30 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Why Bother just Trade him

40 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does anyone have any faith or confidence that Ryan Anderson can fix his shot this summer?
    While we are DEMANDING that Harden improve this summer. . . .
    we EXPECT Capela to do the same

I think this summer ALOT OF PLAYERS need to fix something

I think LUC's shoulder will get better and he will be ok
    I think TUCKER and ARIZA are who they are . .. . I put ISO JOE here as well

I honestly want Gerald Green Back and Working with BzDelik and Mike D on defense and shot selection

That Leaves Ryno . . . . .
    NOW #1 thing is to recover from the YIPS and gain Confidence
    but . . .. Man . . . he has to work on his Defense . . . his speed is what it is
    but if we are gonna have him on the squad next year. . . .SOMETHING beyond his shot HAS TO IMPROVE

At Worse nothing changes
    a Push is if he is the player from the beginning of the season
    The Best is is overall improvement
    The Dude is 30 . . . . . .

Rocket River

tinman and ROXTXIA like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets basically played without him this season. Just trade him if you can.

amaru, Rox11 and lw17 like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Should Anderson improve? Yes. Can he improve? I don't think he can. Dude's a career 6 ppg scorer in the playoffs, he has always been a mental midget when playoffs arrive. Maybe he can fix himself but I don't want him in a Rox uni wasting Harden's time.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and saleem like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. plates300

plates300 Member

Yess he can be fixed. Something was definitely wrong with him towards the end of the season and it showed - you don’t magic callynlose your jump shot or the ability to post up. I’m hoping I’m wrong but maybe a summer of working out will get his confidence back. The rockets need him. Earlier in the year he was the X factor and the reason they won a lot of games.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we need a players with 3 & d - and one of those elite and the other at least reliable

ryno's 3 & d are worse than not reliable - they're both trash

jboslett and lw17 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

just get this dude off the roster

8. Gorki

Gorki Member

His shooting is not MAIN problem guys. Problem is he never can switch to Curry-Durant. Even If he made 4 three per game, still you can't play with him, especially against Warriors. As we saw this year, **** the regular season **** the other playoff series. Season = Playing against GSW in Playoffs

jboslett likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Your posts are interesting in their structure. Almost like Homer. You need only mention the "wine dark sea" now and again and you've got it.

I don't expect improvement from Ryan Anderson. The most we can hope for, if we're stuck with him, is for him to stay well physically and mentally. Was his problem the former or the latter? Or both? The coach didn't want to play him. I don't think he even took a shot in Game 7.

Best case scenario is we flush him to Sacramento (they were going to sign him two seasons ago) with a pick and/or something, something, and get more tradable pieces (Trader Daryl). Anderson is just clutter. Truly.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

This was less than six months ago...

...just saying.

But I do think that Ryan Anderson has the ceiling of an overpaid version of Matt Bullard (when he played, not announcing)

B-Bob likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

yep give up picks to get rid of anderson and get two of them back

Zach Randolph
    Iman Shumpert
    Bogdan Bogdanovic
    Kosta Koufos
    Garrett Temple

12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Ryno's destiny is a regular season minutes soaker. Get his shot going again, get him to play enough defense that he's passable in most situations and gives Rockets 20 minutes plus on most nights. In playoffs he moves to situational role and our main guys ramp up (but are rested because Ryno plays more during season). That sort of happened out of necessity this season and probably shook his confidence, but if he knows going in that's what the rockets expect then maybe we can rebuild his confidence. Of course that's plan b. Plan a is to trade him.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ryno is not broken. He is just obsolete. The guy started half of the regular season and the team won a lot of games. We probably could have won the first rounds starting him also. But against the Warriors given that the importance of the defensive switching strategy, he just can’t stay on the floor because he will end up guarding Curry. Same goes with Nene.

14. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

He quit on us. Buy him out with your Billions Tillman so we don’t have to give up assets to dump him. He is a dumpster fire contract. AN ENTIRE YEAR until he is an expiring.

lw17 likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

there's nothing to fix. Anderson can still contribute against bad teams in the regular, just not against great teams because we switch on every possession on defense.

It's not like he hasn't contributed to regular season wins. Also teams have sniffed out the best way to defend him, run him off the 3 point line and he wont do much. But not all teams have the defensive discipline to stay at home against him, and he will get open shots.

16. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

No more 3 and D. We need players who know how to dribble a basketball, and can slash if the three point option is taken away from them.

If James Harden is having a bad game, like he does sometimes - 3 & D is useless, once the 3 point shot is defended.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If we didn't have to compete against the Warriors Ryno would have a spot here.

Alas were are trying to beat the Warriors.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have never seen an NBA player look as terrified as Ryno has looked. He's probably done.

19. vlaurelio

it's a given we need to add either lebron or pg.. the 3 superstars will already be 75% of our salary cap..

the remaining salary will be for role players whose main skills are 3 & d.. handles are a plus for sure..

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member