1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suit Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Jan 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Long story short, I managed to find a way to spill something on my ****ing suit pants. I only own one suit, and I probably will need one for tomorrow, but I'm not certain.

The way I see it, I have two options:

Either I can go to a dry cleaner in the morning and pay them a ton of money to have it done later that day.

Or, I can wear the rest of the suit (which has minimal stainage) and a pair of khaki pants. The jacket is navy, tie is red, shirt is white.

Not quite sure what my best option is here. I'm a student so I don't have a ton of money, nor do I have the know-how or skill to clean the pants myself. If it wasn't so prominent I'd let it slide, but it looks like I pissed myself.

Please help.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

is this "spill" the result of a careless yank sesh?

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Haha, no. Actually really stupid, I took my dinner from a waitress, and some sauce slid off the plate, bounced off the edge of the table, and landed right where my napkin wasn't. It was really quite remarkable to watch actually.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I would generally avoid wearing a suit jacket as a blazer, the cut just isn't right and if it's patterned it'll definitely be noticeable that your outfit is mismatched. That said, it depends on what you're dressing for; if you're trying to make an impression (job interview, for example), I'd say bite the bullet and go to the cleaner. But if it doesn't really matter how sharp you look, just that you you look somewhat professional, go for it.

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

do you own a sport coat? i'd go khakis, oxford, and the coat if it's an option for you

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's a fraternity pledge. I put it on to see what it would look like, and it doesn't look terrible, but it might appear mismatched as you said.

I'm going to have to go to the cleaner eventually, the issue is it being ready in time for tomorrow night (plus I've got an all-day event for a club, so the timing would be tight.)

7. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

8. BigBird

as in you are pledging a fraternity?

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, I confirmed my bid and have some sort of ceremony Sunday.

10. BigBird

well, hopefully your pledge trainers have told you the appropriate attire, but during my pledgeship a sport coat and khakis sufficed for just about everything except for initiation, where we had to wear a tux. I would talk to your pledge brothers or pledge trainer/brothers in the fraternity to get a sense of what to wear. Good luck!