1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupidest things anyone ever told you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Sep 6, 2000.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Hey Jeff, you're lucky she didn't bring out a bowl of clam chowder after you said that...

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

2. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

<a href="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001406.html#kagyspeaks">Kagy thinks he can drink anyone on the BBS under the table</a> [​IMG]

------------------
    Clutch Goons, Inc.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Rocketman Tex: That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard except the kid wasn't the stupid one.

I don't know what hearts of palm are either and if they are anything like artichoke hearts, I don't care to. You just took a crap on a high school kid who makes about $6 per hour sacking groceries. Wow! You are my hero!

I don't usually say things like this, but that had to be one of the most inappropriate, pretentious things I've ever heard. This kid took an interest in something and, instead of being nice and polite, you treated him like dirt and then proceeded to tell us all how cool you are for it.

Do us all a favor and learn some manners. I busted my ass sacking groceries for a while in high school and I never had anyone once treat me like that. It is a difficult job and rude behavior like yours makes it even tougher.

Instead of being cool and funny, you were rude and ridiculous. I hope he put your bread on the bottom underneath that jar of hearts of palm.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

A-Train: Good point! Actually, I should have said that I told her jokingly. When she heard that, she cracked up laughing as most people do. It was pretty funny considering it was quiet at the moment because someone was speaking to our whole family. She got the picture after that and later told me that she would remember that the next time she had a vegetarian as a customer.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

*phew* I was getting worried and starting to think that maybe I needed to go back to high school!
    To be honest I've never knowingly eaten an artichoke heart and probably wouldn't be able to positively i.d. one in a lineup....

Hearts of palm .... of course.....

------------------

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I worked for a small company that had an intercom system as part of the phone system (as most companies do). At one point, we turned an area that had been used for storage into another office. Opening up another office ended up meaning everybody moved to a new office. The secretary kept buzzing my new office whenever Dave (the guy who had my office before) had a call. THe first couple of times, I figured that she either didn't remember that Dave had changed offices or perhaps thought that Dave was back in my office talking to me. About the fifth time she buzzed me looking for Dave, I asked her why she kept buzzing my office looking for Dave, and she said that she wasn't buzzing my office, she was pushing the button marked "Dave", so there must be something wrong with the intercom since it was buzzing the wrong office.

------------------
    HoustonSportsBoard.com

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I got a million of them, but for some reason can't remember them all....

My friend and I were at a U of Miss football game against the then #1 Florida team. We didn't sit with his brother who was attening Ole Miss, but instead with sat with the locals. Now, Oxford isn't what I'd call a big city, in fact, it's tiny. Also, remember this is in Mississippi.

Anyways, this story is too long for this thread so I'll get to the stupid quote. We were sitting there and two girls sitting next to us (looking like children of the corn) looked up and said (out of the blue),

"Ya'll ain't from around here are ya'll?"

To which we replied, "No." (But, interested as to where this conversation would go.)

So, now intrigued they asked, "Where ya'll from? Batesville? Or Tupelo?"

The story continues with a very "Twilight Zone"-esque theme.

But, the funny thing is that if we weren't from Oxford, then we had to either be from Batesville or Tupelo..... Not Jackson, not Biloxi, not another state.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

8. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Oh, another stupidest things someone has told me:

"You must be dreaming DREAMer"

Geesh, that is annoying.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

At my old apartment complex we had free cable. As the term of our lease was expiring they were changing that and we were going to be charged for it. In addition, our rent was going up. We were debating moving to a bigger unit (since we had a new baby on the way) or moving to an entirely different complex as well. When we met with the lady from the apartments to show us around the bigger units, we told her of another apartment complex we visited where cable was free. She told us that it was never really "free"...that it was always rolled into the price of the apartment. She couldn't answer the next question I had for her...why then were we being asked to pay for cable twice (once, buried within the original rent per month...and the other time in the fact that we would now be paying a monthly cable bill) PLUS an increase in rent. Hearing her try to explain that away was classic!!! She stammered and stuttered around for a while. We moved at the end of the month!

------------------

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Jeff, I guess you had to be there. The kid talked and acted like he smoked a pound of Puna Bud that morning for breakfast. I don't have a problem with individuals who imbibe, but please, not on the job. When confronted with a stumbin' bumblin' droolmeister, I usually tend to leave rather quickly. Especially when I have things to do. I admire your defending him. I'm sure you never had anyone treat you like this while sacking groceries, but I'm also fairly sure you never acted like an stoned-out imbecile while on the job, either. I used to make pizza for $2.25 an hour when I was 16, and sometimes got treated rudely, but like I said, I guess you had to be there to fully appreciate this junior space cowboy. And I didn't buy any bread, thank you. I'm sure lots of other people had their bread crushed by that kid on that day, but probably not on purpose. [​IMG]

------------------
    This is my dog.
    This is my pony.
    And now, on with the show!!!!