1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

stupid poll 4 u.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RENDIGGLER3:20, Aug 7, 2000.

Tags:
  1. RENDIGGLER3:20

i have read all the replys to roy benjamins post,and i was wondering if everyone would actually want him to leave or do you enjoy arguing with another teams fan.i was wondering because quite a few people replied to his negative post.

personally it put me in a grumpy mood but i did enjoy the replys!

------------------

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I don't think he should be kicked off for stating his opinion. Now if he continues to troll, that is another story all together.

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?

3. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Kick his ass off!

------------------

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have not been following those threads myself, though I've seen plenty of trolls in the past. From what I've seen of this one, he's taking care to follow the terms of service so I don't think the administrators, in good conscience, can boot him. The same cannot be said of many posters who respond to trolls who resort to name-calling, petty insults and general inhospitable behavior, which is obviously inconsistent with the terms of service. Usually, those who attack trolls are more deserving of getting booted than the trolls themselves. But they don't.

I think there is something to be said for conformity and for a community to enforce conformity by attacking outsiders. This is, afterall, a Rockets fan community and doesn't exist for Bulls fans to rag on the Houston team.

However, there is also a tendency to become cliqueish as well. This doesn't just apply to trolls. Watch the attacks on people who spell poorly or write with slang. Look at the Serious Police and the reactionary Fun Police. Sometimes I get quite annoyed (even offended) by the way some posters who have become comfortable in here ostracize people unlike themselves. I think this is a disservice to the board, to other posters and to themselves. (C.S. Lewis has an interesting essay called "The Inner Circle" I liked very much which discusses the phenomenon of cliques).

So the short answer is no, he shouldn't be banned unless he breaks the rules the board is based on. But he should expect some abuse.

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

He shouldnt be banned, but if he starts stupid threads just to piss people off, they should be deleted. There are some good, smart Blazer, Nugget, etc, fans on this board who tryto come up with intelligent arguments. But there are some who are just plain dumb. Give em a chance or two, and if they dont wisen up, then its time to kick em off.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Posting in stupid threads is not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Annoying Mango can be really FUN!
    5. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Eat MANGOES & Have FUN or be Assimilated.