1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strickland to Portland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Mar 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

"Strickland spent a troubled five seasons in Washington. He was regularly late for practices and games, ate a poor diet, was arrested for drunken driving three times and was suspended one game this season when he missed a team flight to Miami. He was acquitted of one drunken driving charge, but faces an April court date stemming from a Jan. 7 arrest."

Sounds like another project for the Zen master. At least he could distribute the ball between Shaq & Kobe evenly. He'd also make the Lakers a better team going into the playoffs. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hottoddie (edited March 02, 2001).]

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I've read that he may be headed to the Lakers.

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush

3. Rim Check

Rim Check Member

Reports in Portland are that Strickland is in Portland, and will be at practice Monday. Expect an announcement Monday, the he signs with Portland for the $2.25 exception.

------------------

4. PhiSlammaJamma

By the way, yesterday, I met a former friend of Webber's at Tony and Joes down on the Waterfront. She was the waitress with dirty blonde hair if you want to verify this story. she worked the grill sunday during the Duke-Carolina game. Anyway, she could care less about basketball, but said that Webber came over to their apartment and she saw him smoke weed on several occasions. She denies smoking it herself. whatever. No offical word on Strickland, but I got what I believed to be good source material on Webber's activities.

I still want him on our team, because this was some time ago, but that the latest....

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Awww, who cares. According to Oakley, 60% of the players smoke it anyway.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

And in other news the sun came up this morning! [​IMG] J/K Seriously, I don't think it's a big deal. Oakley was probably ticked off that day and threw a fit. As long as he doesn't get Cat or Stevie caught up in it I'm fine with him on the team.

------------------
    Rocks2001 in disguise. . .

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Nothing like dropping a nuclear bomb on your roster. They may be deeper, but it definitely will effect the team chemistry. I seriously believe Portland is trying to scoop up Strickland to keep him from going to the Lakers.

------------------
    Rocks2001 in disguise. . .