1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stressed out on tonights game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mantronix, Nov 27, 1999.

1. mantronix

mantronix Member

I wanted to write that Francis cost us this game tonight but Barkley played so dumb tonight that it is his fault too. Francis was an absolute joke tonight and its not so much the numbers 3 for 17 that are so bad it is the way he did it. Why does Francis have to be so damn fancy on every last play I am sick of it already and he needs to be a little more basic every once in a while. I for one am fed up with the poor play of Francis in critical times of the game this year. I am not impressed with him so far, His negatives outweigh his positives. As for Barkley it seemed like he didnt want to win tonight. With the scored tied at the end of the 4th Barkley carelessly throws the ball away then he takes the worst possible shot he can take with that fadeaway by the 3 point line. then to top it all of in overtime he takes a 3. This team is finding new ways to lose and it seems to be a different guy every time. I have 1 question for everyone, Why the hell did Rudy give the last play to Francis when was playing like sh#t all night.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Take it easy, he's only a rookie.

Tired Cliche' For the Night: You gotta learn how to lose before you can win.

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited November 26, 1999).]

3. alaskansnowman

dont get too stressed out. we almost beat the best team in the league. and we did this while we were NOT playing our best basketball(i.e. francis, rogers)

the fadeway by the 3 point line was sort of forced because they didnt have too much time left. it almost went in also. the 3 pointer that he took was uncalled for though.

as far as francis being fancy, i think that that's just how he plays. when we think he's being fancy, to him, he's just playing basic. it's not like he's doing wild behind the bak passes that are going out of bounds or anything! and i dont really see steve being very fancy after his initial move. he just missed some tough layups sometimes, but at least he is penetrating. remember when we had maloney, everyone was always complaining that there wasnt enough penetration on offense? and his jumpers just weren't falling either. simple as that.

but dont worry. if we keep up this play and stay consistent, we will surely wup up on phoenix.

4. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

I don't have any problem with CB putting up 3s, Walt was 1-3, Bullard 2-7, Francis 0-4, only Cat hit the 3s well. CB is 1-3 form the line, not bad, not bad at all, when others were shooting 3s quite badly.

[This message has been edited by Finalfantasy (edited November 26, 1999).]

5. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Not to make excuses but don't forget Stevie has a pretty bad sprained ankle but still outquicked them to the basket sometimes.

I sure thought he would nail both free throws but it is no biggie in my book. I am very proud of him and the whole team. Thanks for a very exciting game. Man, I was running back and forth from the t.v. to the computer in the other room. lol. I had a blast. Thanks Houston Rockets.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Let's take it one game at a time Alaska,vancouver next.

Hope all those ex-Rocket's up there don't come back to haunt us.

Mantronix ,take a deep breath and relax,you still have 68 more game's to get stressed out over.

7. alaskansnowman

oh yeah. damn, i can't wait till we play the grizz. GOOD POINT ABOUT THE ANKLE. i bet othella my fella, yes he is still my fella, will score 30 on us. i hear othella's playin pretty well...

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Othella -17pts 9 reb. shooting 55% .Man I loved that guy's work ethic,he seemed to alway's "bring it".