1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

streamers what channels do you have? pay and free

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Jul 26, 2017.

1. body slam

body slam Member

Pay - Netflix

Free - Youtube, CW, ABC, FOXNOW, NBC, History

Will add HBONow after this season of GoT ends. I might be late to the party but I think its something I'd rather binge. Then give Vue a shot for The Walking Dead.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Youtube and hulu is jumping in on the streaming channels like Sling TV. I pay for Sling TV but if I had to choose? I'd pay for the Youtube one cause I mostly watch stuff on youtube anyways and it has all the channels even locals that Sling has. Netflix is overrated imo. I'd go with Amazon if you want exclusive tv shows.

3. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

I just started a free trial of Sling TV a few days ago and I love it so far. The package I'm using is $25/month and it's like FOX, NBC, Travel Channel, Food Network, NatGeo, USA, TBS, TNT, truTV, NFL Network, two Fox Sports channels. There's more but that's about all I watch. For another $15, you can add all of the ESPNs (I'm not) or for $10 you can add NBATV and NFL Redzone (I'm tempted). They have a bunch of packages you can add for $5-10 a month, hence the "a-la-carte" moniker. They also have a limited selection of pretty much every show that comes on those channels on demand.

I also have an antenna for local channels, so I'll pretty much never miss a sport besides the ones that come on ESPN (which I'll stream somewhere). Also have Netflix.

4. jsingles

jsingles Member

I use Netflix, although a lot more prior to now

I have a 3 year old Amazon Fire TV (I'm not sure if the fact it's 3 years old matters) and was able to download Kodi on it without any hiccups or having it needing to be modified at all. Got Elysium and 1080Movies as add-ons and am able to watch picture perfect shows and movies on it. It's amazing.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Kodi Box.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I want to cut the cord but want to make sure I can catch all the NFL games I want (Texans and Cowboys) and all the Rockets games. I wish there was a way to easily figure out what my cost would be and what services I'd need to sign up with to get the programming I want.

7. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I pay for Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Amazon Prime, Seeso, and VRV (which includes Crunchyroll & Funimation along with some other services). Comes out to about $60/month. I also have cable, but only because my package of Internet + TV is somehow cheaper than if I only had the Internet service.

I think the only free one I use is YouTube.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Assuming you live in Houston, you should be able to get Texans games ota. Cowboy games will be on tv probably 12 out of the 16 games. You probably won't be able to get cowboys Monday night games unless you can pay for espn.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm up near Austin. Can you pay for ESPN without going through a dish or cable provider? What about NBA league pass. I have to be able to watch the rockets especially up here in spurs country.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kvue? Is the Cbs affiliate? They'll show the Texans I'm sure. There isn't an elephant in Nashville to worry about.

As for espn, I don't know if Disney offers that or not.

VooDooPope likes this.
  11. what

what Member

This year I will be buying nfl game pass. It is a replay on demand service, but you can watch a game that would normally take damn near 4 hours in 40 minutes. The game will be available after the live broadcast, and you can get all the games.

It cost 100. If you want live, you'll be spending 279 for the privilege and you'll have to waste 4 hours of your life on it.

League pass runs about 120 a season.
    Not sure how much baseball costs.

VooDooPope likes this.
  12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yeah I get Texans and Cowboys games no problem. Just need to figure out the NFL network games and ESPN games.

Gamepass sounds interesting but I don't know if I could keep from getting spoiler'ed on Sundays and I do enjoy sitting around out on the deck bbq'ing and watching the games.

13. what

what Member

The hardest part would be to fill up those 4 hours with something else. I work on Sundays so I don't have that problem.

There is a lot more you can do with that service, including watching all the plays of a specific player, or multiple players. It is certainly the best way to watch a game, but warning yourself from what you've done for the past 40 years is understandably difficult.

VooDooPope likes this.
  14. Mr Chuck Norris

What's a good package with all of the kids shows and movies, I"m paying for Netflix and prime and barely watch both

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

OK. Help me out.
    Let's say I want most TV Shows - Hulu Plus would cover most of 'regular tv'?
    and it can be used with a firestick correct?
    I think special things like HBO/SHOWTIME/STARZ/Maybe AMC type channels would require a special account on their sites?

Rocket River

16. what

what Member

Hulu offers Showtime and HBO as add one. Hulu has very good quality, plus you can add no commercials a real bonus.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You can watch cowboys games like these guys. All for free paid by the county.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haymitch, Uprising and marks0223 like this.
  18. Cranberry_Juice

Load Kodi on a firestick. Best solution. I am watching all shows for free and have been able to stream games live. Only drawback is most live tv streaming relates only to sports.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Pay: Netflix, XfinityTv, MLBtv AtBat (was $10 to stream all out of market games), Amazon Video (with Prime)

Free: Youtube, Showbox, MovieHD, TerrariumTv, sportsHD.....etc.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Twitch
    Hulu
    Netflix
    Curiosity Stream
    Youtube
    DirecTV Now
    Amazon Prime Video
    channel apps - AMC, FOX, FX, HBO Now etc.