1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Storage Wars

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NateNate, Dec 26, 2010.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Anyone on here ever check this show out on A&E?

Am i the only on addicted to this show? I know its fairly new but not sure how late i am on it. Long story short... A camera crew chronicles a group of guys who make their living basically bidding on storage units. These guys find all kind of great stuff and make a lot of money in return sometimes. Its just fun to see the kind of things people leave behind in these storages... i Tunes has the first episode for free...

Check it out ladies

2. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Wow...weird. I just watched this show for the first time tonight. Srsly.

Friend of mine worked for a U-Haul/storage place and said they did that stuff fairly regularly (without all the fanfare). Seems fun, I might look into it as a hobby...maybe??

Anybody have real experience with these auctions?

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

Its funny cause it makes you wanna get out there and look into it yourself.. i googled some in the Houston area and like you said it happens pretty regularly

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

One of my friends does this and he posts every purchase he does on his Facebook feed. I didn't understand what the hell he was doing until I realized there is an actual show behind this. But he makes like $500-$1000 profit on many of his lots he told me.

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Wow, I imagine he's got some decent experience if he's doing even that well on average. There has to be a bit of an "art" to it...you obviously need to know your junk and real-world values. I'm sure there's more to it than that, though.

Even with the show out there, seems like this might be an unsaturated way to make a few bucks. You don't hear of this stuff that often...I don't, anyway.

6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

There is also a show of the same type on Spike, forget the name at the moment, but it's a much much better show, IMO. Never knew there was such a thing until these shows!

7. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

Its called auction hunters on spike, and im loving both shows.

8. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

I've seen Storage Wars, it's good but not as good as it's competition Auction Hunters on the History Channel. The shows are basically the same but, Auction Hunters is more informative and entertaining. Also if you like these shows you should try Pawn Stars and American Pickers, in my opinion Pawn Stars is the most entertaining of the four. It's funny as hell and very addicting. Check it out sometime.

9. Fantasma Negro

STORAGE WARS IS BAAACK!!! For those that watch, you know what that means...
    Brandi's BAAAACK!!![​IMG]

jae713 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I prefer Mary from the Texas version. Others must have as well, since they moved her to the Los Angeles show.

[​IMG]

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

I like Mary too, glad they added her to the original version. She seems like she's either always drunk or high but it adds to the show

12. what

what Member

You're both wrong, it's all about Casey.

[​IMG]

13. jae713

jae713 Member

YUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!