1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOP THE HATIN ON MOBLEY!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mobes05, Nov 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Mobes05

Mobes05 Member

Stop the hating on Mobley. He's the best pure scorer the rockets have right now and he keeps our franchise player happy. There is no chance the rockets would trade him because the guy plays his heart out for 40 minutes a game and provides instant offense. He gets us 19 ppg, 4 apg, 5 rpg, shoots 43-44% from the field and is 80% from the line. His only standout bad performance this year is against the suns yet the people on this board still criticize his every move. Well stop whining, cuz the rockets are not gonna trade and if they do, ill be pertty pissed off because i just bought his jersey

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

You can't stop the hating...Instead give love to Cat!

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I loves Cat. I'd just like to loves him 36-38 mins/game instead of 44-46.

4. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Ok, not to nit pick, but Mobes has never averaged 4 assists or 5 rebounds in a season. To include this one. Not even when he was our starting point guard for a season. I believe I saw that at the begginning of this season only something like 6 starting S.G.'s averaged fewer Assists per game than Mobes, and they were all nobodies on crappy teams, who wouldnt make it else where.

But Im not bashing the guy. I like his tendency lately to take fewer shots, and a better overall selection of shots. This to me has shown maturation on his part, and I for one have been very pleased with these aspects of his game the last few games. Now, if he could cut down on some of his bone headed plays, he'd be ideal.

#4 Dreamshake, Nov 18, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2002
  5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

We need to stop hating everyone on the team, except for Collier!!:mad:

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

7. ken

ken Rookie

for some one with 5000 posts you never write anything good, give your fingers rest. :confused:

8. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

LOL!

9. blackwidow89

blackwidow89 Member

collier needs to go, and nachbar needs some of cats minutes

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The best way to make an impact is to take the social activist route and start an anti-Mobley hating club. For it to be truely effective, though, you'll have to give it a catchy name...

Stop Hating Against Mobley (SHAM)

National Organization of Members Against Anti Mobleyism (NO MA'AM - you might have to get approval from the creaters of Married With Children to use this one)

Society for the Protection and Admiration of Mobley (SPAM)

Society for the Prevention of Cuttino Assault (SPCA)

I'm sure you could think of something better, though...

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

You have more spare time than I do. lol

Funny stuff. :D

12. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

For someone with 11 posts, you really should get to know the personalities of older members before posting.

Not that Smeg needs help, but he has been one of the biggest Mobley supporters on this board. "Cut Tino" is his sarcastic way of answering the Mobley bashers

13. haven

haven Member

What precisely is "hating?" I'm still trying to figure that out. I hate my prospective mother-in-law, but I don't think that's exactly what you mean.

To be honest, I can't think of a single basketball player that I "hate," if I understand the word correctly. Latrell Spreewell and Scottie Pippen might come close... but... nah, I just don't know them well enough :).

Do you mean you want us all to stop criticizing Mobley? That seems to be what people usually mean when they accuse someone of "hating" on a sports board. To which my response would be... get a freakin' dictionary. Criticism is not "hate." And... umm... grow up. Nobody's perfect, and until the day when somebody is... everybody's going to deserve criticism now and then.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

Hey it could be worse, instead of having Cuttino at SG, it could be 1988 and we could have this guy at SG:

[​IMG]

He makes Cuttino look like John Stockton. He never met a shot he didn't like. :D

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Did you read the title, it's "HATIN." Without the G, this made up word has a completely different meaning:D

16. ken

ken Rookie

hey, I know bs when I read it, an thanks.

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Seriously, do one of two things

1. Do some research and reading before posting

or

2. Cut Ken :mad:

18. Nova

Nova Member

Man get off Smeggy's case, and get a sense of humor ken. Junior members gotta respect those seniors. ;)

19. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

While I agree that Cat's shot selection in the past has left much to be desired, his explosion in the 4th quarter last night may have been the main reason we won that game last night. He scored like 8 points in a row to seal the victory.

I hope that this is a sign of things to come. The offense was rockin most of the night and everybody got involved early and often. When the game was on the line, Francis ( in the third ) and Cat ( in the 4th ) stepped up and did their job.

Without Cat, we may have lost that game last night.

GO CAT!!!!

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As long as he is there when we need his offence. Unlike mooche at least we know when we need points he'll definitely give it to you in a flurry.