1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stojakovic a Free Agent after this season: Would be a great acquisition for Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by countingcrow, Nov 28, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I was over at www.nbatalk.com and was looking over their list on the 2001 NBA free agents and was pleasantly surprised to see that Peja was on the list. I knew Webber was a free agent, but didn't think Stojakovic was. Even though I don't think it is likely that he would leave Sacramento, he would be a great pickup for the Rockets. He is 6'9', can score, rebound, and is a clutch player. Forget MO and sign Stojakovic if we cannot get Webber.

------------------

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I agree with that wholeheartedly. I know its ealry and hes only had a few good games so far, but Ive always liked Stojakovic and he brings a mentality to any team that often isnt there.

And he is a better rebounder than MO by far.

If we cant get someone like Webber or Finley I would target Pedraj

------------------
    Remember.... You are not really drunk until you must hold on to the grass to keep from falling off the earth.

3. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Bring on Peja! If we could get him, he'd be a n awsome addition as a SG-SF-PF depending on the night, as well as a reliable scoring force,fair rebounder and defender. We'd be up there with the Leagues' top scoring teams. Wow!!!

------------------
    Vice-president of the Jason Collier Police

4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Bring on Peja! If we could get him, he'd be a n awsome addition as a SG-SF-PF depending on the night, as well as a reliable scoring force,fair rebounder and defender. We'd be up there with the Leagues' top scoring teams. Wow!!!

------------------
    Vice-president of the Jason Collier Police

5. neuro

neuro New Member

Sorry. Peja has signed 7yr extention with the Kings.

------------------
    neuro~

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yeah he signed like a 7 year , 40 million something deal.

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

7. Bob Rainey

Bob Rainey Member

That contract is a STEAL for the Kings in my opinion. Peja is on track to be an all-star if he continues his current level of play over the next couple of years.

------------------

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Just curious.. how many would do this:

Mobley for Stojakovic

or what about this:

Shandon/Cato for Stojakovic

I would say no to the first, and yes to the second. I have little to no faith in Cato.

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He actually makes 7.5 mil a year (6yr,45mil), more than both Cato and Mobley. Not sure I'd call that a steal. Mobley's deal -- now that's a steal.

------------------
    "It's a great idea. A girl's name for a guy and lots of theatrics. I wish I'd thought of that."
    --Alice Cooper discussing Marilyn Manson

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Shandon/Cato for Stojakovic?
    Definitely!

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

11. treeman

treeman Member

Cuttino is still underpaid (relatively). Shandon is our only full/real defender.

Cato... We'd need a replacement for him. I suspect his contract is quite tradeable now... $42 million, right? Throw Langhi in to help cover the loss.

Cuttino and Shandon are off limits, tho I know Shandon is pushing it...

------------------

12. outlaw

outlaw Member

Peja is a nice player and I would trade Shandon & Cato for him but he looks too much like David Schwimmer.