1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

After CRM guidance miss yesterday, sold final short call to break even with yesterday's profit taking. Shows the importance of taking profits to cover that initial bet. On the other hand, was able to hit a sell order on the final ESTC call I was holding today for 2.5x gain. Love these short term plays. Think I'm learning to fine tune my habits as an investor as we go.

2. adoo

adoo Member

actually CRM beat estimates for the Qtr just ended. while almost every corp that have reported opted to not to provide a guidance for the current fiscal year, due to the uncertainty attributable to COVID 19, CEO Benioff chose to give a guidance for fiscal 2020.

i believe his intent is to lower analyst expectation for FY 2020, and then go beat the lowered estimate,
    in particular the last Qtr, w Earning call in late Feb/early Mar 2021

thus, i will play CRM again in future earning runs, in particularly the one in late Feb/early Mar 2021

i had Aug 165 /170 call positions..

sold the 165 call ~ 2 wks ago for ~ 90% profit
    still have 170 CALL, w a realized gain of ~~ 7%.
    think the 6+ pt drop was an over-reaction.
    despite that drop, the technical says the current uptrend is still intact.
    [​IMG]
    the 3 consecutive green candlesticks bode well insofar as breaking thru the purple trend line,
    the next attempt at it will be the 4th try to break thru
    still have 75 days til expiration, will give it ~ 2 more wks
    one of the benefits of having long-dated options is that they afford you the time to absorb an over-reaction​
    judging from your post, you are a trader.
    other than selling covered calls, investors do not deal w short-dated options

#10122 adoo, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    CCity Zero and noscrusir like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

China!!

Ziggy likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

a double top or not?

[​IMG]
    ZM's earning call is scheduled for Tue, 2 Jun 2020, i say not.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Have a feeling Red day tomorrow due to the rioting...market has been unconventionally emotional

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I just can’t buy this one right, wow

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn, that one hopefully worked out well for someone

9. adoo

adoo Member

sold a 5-pt, bullish put spread, 5 Jun 2020 expiration, for $ @ 2.1 credit.

bto 175 PUT
    sto 180 PUT
    my analysis says that ZM will pop even more on Tue and will stay above 180 by Fri closing. if so, i get to keep the $2.1 premium that i had already collected

i collected $2.1 to assume a max potential liability of $5; my max risk has been defined to be $2.9

#10129 adoo, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Any of you guys still in VTIQ? lol. Wow. I bought it at around $11.xx and $14'ish, I think, and sold my shares around $25 (after it had popped up to something like $34 or something and tanked). Somebody in here was holding options on it, weren't they?

11. adoo

adoo Member

wanna see a completed Cup-With-Handle formation

[​IMG]

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

my feeling is it's gonna plummet tomm after hours but puts are too expensive now.

RKREBORN likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

Graphical depiction, in candlestick speak, of a stock (w earnings call on Thu) breaking out
    [​IMG]
    3 days ago, the doji candlestick, the elongated plus sign, indicated a change in direction,
    it was followed by a strong confirmation, the 3 white soldiers formation,
    3 consecutive days where the opening was within the body of the preceding day's candlestick
    augmented by positive closings on higher-than-avg trading volume.​

#10133 adoo, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

At this point I’m hoping for nuclear war to break out and keep riding this wave higher.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Trade wars, pandemics, riots, etc. it's all good... just keep buying. :D We still have hurricanes, a massive volcano like Yellowstone going off, and a meteorite strike available... hang in there.

16. adoo

adoo Member

while the Fed "put" is still in effect

17. adoo

adoo Member

from last wk
    with no immediate resistance, BX will likely fill the gap, from ~ 60 to 62.5, soon, before its mid jul Earnings

[​IMG]

#10137 adoo, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Made some BANK on GNUS .. Was in at $1.34 for about a month it seems and it is flying! I can't believe there hasn't been a massive dump yet but this is pretty crazy.

BmwM3 likes this.
  19. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...ration-Announces-Signed-Letter-of-Intent.html

$fmci is announcing merger on Monday, June 8th. Could it be impossible to compete with beyond meat? Thoughts?

Delray Beach, FL, May 13, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Forum Merger II Corporation (Nasdaq: FMCI) (“Forum” or the “Company”) today announced it has signed a letter of intent and expects to sign a definitive agreement to acquire a high-growth, plant-based food company with a broad portfolio of innovative products that are aligned with major food trends and sold through leading retailers and distributors across the United States (the “Target”).

The Target’s disruptive strategy is focused on addressing the growing consumer demand for nutritious, great tasting, better-for-you products with plant-based food. The Target’s alignment with today’s secular food trends, combined with its robust, plant-based offerings that feature unique ingredients, innovative recipes and creative branding, has allowed it to establish a meaningful market presence in a short period of time. Forum believes that the Target has a compelling financial profile, with significant historical and projected revenue growth and profitability. Forum’s management expects that the anticipated valuation at consummation of the business combination transaction will represent a meaningful discount to relevant public comparable multiples

20. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Sounds like August dated $60c would be the play if following(?). Got a nice pop on some AZN 06/19 calls I was holding today. Still hanging on to a VTIQ call with same exp. Probably going to sell that by the end of the week after the ticker change.