1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stevenson can't wait to get calls like Francis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCS4LIFE, Feb 5, 2002.

1. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

I got this from deseretnews.com

Stevenson can't wait to get calls like Francis
    By Rich Evans
    Deseret News sports writer

HOUSTON — DeShawn Stevenson can't wait for the day when he gets the kind of calls Houston's Steve Francis got Monday night.
    "That would be awesome," Utah's second-year guard said. "I guess that's a status thing. That must be what happens when you make the NBA All-Star team."
    Stevenson pointed out that Francis' shooting free throws didn't necessarily mean he was fouled.
    "One time John (Stockton) just went past (Francis) and the ball slipped out of his hands and they called a foul," he said.
    "He's a talented player," he added. "I guess he's going to get those calls."

DOUBLE STANDARD: Jazz's Karl Malone says referees sometimes treat big guys differently than little guys.
    He says he can't remember how many times he's heard officials say to him, in explaining why they hadn't blown the whistle, "You should have made that one" or "I should have called that one" or "You're big and strong, you can take it."

MORE FRANCIS: The only NBA player to lead his team in scoring average, rebound average and assist average, the versatile Francis has been bothered by migraines lately and was officially a game-time decision Monday.
    Unfortunately for the Jazz, he played. The Rockets are 1-19 when he hasn't suited up.

HOT MOBLEY: Rockets guard Cuttino Mobley finished with 30 points, after going 9 for 9 from the field in the first half.
    Sloan said his "young guys had a difficult time getting up and guarding people," but most of the time Bryon Russell was guarding — or not guarding — Mobley.

INJURIES: Neither Donyell Marshall (hip) nor John Crotty (knee tendinitis) made the trip with the Jazz; both are eligible to come off the injured list after the All-Star break.
    The Rockets used their 17th different starting lineup this season when Kelvin Cato came down with the flu, forcing them to start Terence Morris. Guard Moochie Norris also had the flu but managed to play and score seven points.

CAPTAIN MALONE: After a recent practice, Karl Malone acknowledged occasionally getting frustrated by the Jazz's subpar season.
    "But I'm not gonna go crazy and hold people hostage or nothin,"' he added, reassuringly.
    Malone said he gets exasperated with the team's younger players at times but has decided to be part of the solution, rather than the problem.
    "I would like to be a captain, to patch it up and keep it afloat, rather than jump ship," he said.

My quotes: Heres' a team that wins games by wrong calls and playing dirty basketball, yet the Jazz are complaining.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Stevenson will get calls like Francis when he becomes a man and stays out of 14 year old girls bedrooms.

FRICKEN LOSER !!!

DaDakota

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

She was 14 but looked 18 LOL:D

4. HighPost

HighPost Member

Watch out! In 5 years he is going to be lighting you guys up!!!!!! This guys is a bigger version of Barron Davis. Him and Kirilenko are going to be beatting the Rockets for the next 15 years. They are both only 20 and have major skills. No experiance yet but major skills.

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Here is our first....

Welcome Jazzhole. You own us? Tee hee.....that's funny. The Jazz own a lot of teams in the regular season, but come playoff time, OOOOPS, fell short again.

Us - 2
    Them - 0

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

HighPost, you're definitely high on something.

7. HighPost

HighPost Member

High on life.

Yea how about this one. Which rook is going to the rook all star game. Kirilenko or EG? Hmmm, me thinks the Russian Rifle is! LOL!!

8. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

DAMN!!!! That was cold........ but true. Besides he hasn't proved anything as of yet. How could you expect to get any calls when you average 5 points a game. He doesn't even start.

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Doesnt matter, Griffins in a differnet league than Andrei. Andrei has skills, but his skills will never come close to what Eddie Griffin has. If Griffin would of got time earlier in the year, he would be the top runner for Rookie of the Year. Making a team doesnt mean that much, I know we got the best rookie.

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Hmmm. I thought this thread was about the league showing preposterous favoritism to the Rockets . . .

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

D-Steve and Eddie are the same age. Eddie is light years ahead of D-Steve. Do the math you dumb$hit.

12. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Maybe that's why the refs don't 'give him calls like they give Francis.'

13. Houstone

Houstone Member

Who invited this Jazzhole?:mad: :mad:

14. Sane

Sane Member

LOL!

I mean. I like Kirilenko. But, this is EDDIE GRIFFIN.

I suppose you're going to own us with Donyell Marshall and Kirilenko in the froncourt in the future? That HUGE frontcourt of yours?

Watch your 'dominance' go bye-bye. This win was the first of many many consecutive ones to come.

15. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

If I am not mistaken, there was once a Jazzhole coming to this site saying that he/she would rather the Jazz making 15 (?) straight playoffs appearences than winning the Championship. Hmmmm ...

Now THIS Jazzhole said Kirilenko makes the All-Star rook team but not Griffin ... Guess what he/she would say when Griffin makes the REAL All-Star team?

"I'd rather make the All-Star rookie team than make the real All-Star team."

There is a pattern for losers. :rolleyes: :D

#15 Rocketability, Feb 5, 2002
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2002
  16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

DeShawn "Ay me, I airballed a freethrow!" Stevensen should save himself the time and effort and stop waiting now. He'll never be in Steve Francis' league, so Statutory Rape Man needs to go back to Utah and rot in the future Basketball Hell. Without Stockton, Malone, or playoff seasons, SLC will be a dread for rookies and a graveyard when it comes to free-agents.

3 MORE YEARS, guys, and I think it'll happen. ;)

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

DeShawn is decent but he will never be in the class of a Baron Davis. He will be a 12-15pt a night guy in his prime.

18. Hydra

Hydra Member

Baron Davis? Stevenson isn't even Hubert Davis.

19. Miggidy Markell

Closer to Emanual Davis you think? :D