1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr's favorite game of the Warriors' run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pardon me while I flee after I post this :D

Kerr picks Game 6 from last year as his favorite game of the past 5-year run.

From Bill SImmons' new podcast :
    https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/5...ons-isiah-thomas-steve-kerr-stephen-curry-nba

via an article at :
    https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-reveals-favorite-game-224335745.html

"If I look back at these last five years -- if I had to say what was my favorite game -- it would be Game 6 in Houston last year.

"Holy s--t. This defines our team. This game defines what our guys are about. We had a possession late in the game that sealed it basically. Remember, Steph and Draymond were running that side pick-and-roll over and over again and Steph was going nuts.

"The final dagger was -- Houston had adjusted, they double teamed Steph, he hits Draymond in the pocket, they come over to rotate to Draymond, he hits Andre along the baseline and Andre kicks it back to Klay for a 3-pointer.

"That play to me defines what our team has been about for the last five years. The ball movement, the spacing, the beautiful vision and awareness of Andre and Draymond, and the lethal play of Steph and Klay.

"Those were the guys who've been here the five years. Kevin took us over the top. Kevin joined the team and we went from a championship team to an all-time team. He just made us dominant and almost unbeatable.

"But if you look at the full five-year run -- and you talk about the secret (of basketball), the chemistry, however you want to describe it -- that game sort of defined our team in my mind. It was special."

2. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

They were the better team last year. I knew the series was over when we couldn't capitalize on Durant exiting Game 5.

2018 on the other hand was ours for the taking. Up 3-2. 20 point lead in the first half of Game 7. And the lackadaisical, stagnant 2nd half meltdowns we're used to and hate seeing in the second half. Ugh. We should have been in the Finals that year.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

boo this man

Mazulis, BleedsRocketRed, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I want to punt Steve Kerr into the sun.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

fck Steve Kerr...Reeko’s favorite game of this Harden-MDA era is game 5 against GS in the 2018 WCF

we were coming off an amazing win in game 4, and TC was HYPE...the intensity of that game was off the charts...the level of defense that was being played by both teams was incredible, and so was the shotmaking from CP in the 2nd half...that three he hits on Curry as the shot clock buzzer goes off and that steal Harden had in the 4th on KD for the slam as the crowd erupts gives me chills...then we had that clutch shot from EG and Draymond turning it over to secure the win in front of a great crowd that included the students involved in the Santa Fe shooting that had been invited to the game

I hadn’t been so nervous watching a game in ages, I was literally shaking in the 4th...probably would’ve passed out if Quinn Cook had hit that wide open three he had to take the lead right after CP had torn his hamstring and wasn’t able to get back on defense

I have that game saved on the DVR and watch it in its entirety every few weeks...I’ll never delete it

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Steve Kerr is the cockiest NBA coach of the last 20 years, and I'm not sure it's close.

That said, no issue with what he said here. As a Rockets fan, the performances by our team in games 5 and 6 of that series are inexcusable, and rank among the worst all-time Rockets games along with Dallas game 7, Spurs game 6, and Jazz 2007 Game 3 (only 5 players scored).

I'll forever regret that we didn't beat these preening narcissists in 2018, but I'll always remember that we were the only team that pushed them to the brink with a healthy team.

#6 napalm06, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    D-rock, Mazulis, JW86 and 6 others like this.
  7. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Warriors' deal with the devil has come to its fruition, and now payment is due. A Durant Achilles, a Curry left hand, a Klay ACL, and a Draymond jawbone are all due. As is whatever remains of Steve Kerr's cerebrospinal fluid. Pay up, sucker.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ban OP

napalm06 and Jake Tower like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

This was my favorite game. :(

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  11. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Why are you salty? It's a genuine good answer.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

What can I say? Just tip our hat and call the Warriors our daddy.

#12 J.R., Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  13. Lando

Lando Member

14. macan

macan Member

my fav game was game 5 vs worriers two years ago. CP pulled his hammy during the game and we still beat their ass

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Smoking mar1juana for Steve Kerr ailing back does wonders for his lack of brain cells.
    Didn't Mike Brown and Luke Walton win Championships without Steve Kerr.
    Scott Foster, Zach Zarba, Ken Mauer all want their credit too.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey: shut up and listen. We just didn’t make the shots. If we can make every shots, we are champions now. You guys are lucky!

17. sungjina

sungjina Member

Can't stand this guy.

#17 sungjina, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Makes sense. His team loses its best player and somehow rallies to beat a very good Houston team on the road. Why shouldn’t he consider that one of the most gratifying wins of his career?

Patience and J Sizzle like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Morey :: China
    Dr of Dunk :: Clutchfans

HP3 and don grahamleone like this.
  20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and Zergling like this.