1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr needs to STFU and coach his team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 20, 2017.

1. what

what Member

I'm sick of him butting into everything in the league like he is the commissioner or something. I'm ready for the warriors to be nobodies again just so we don't have to hear his inane voice, and his faux tough guy act. I didn't think I could hate anybody more than I hate Kyrie, but Kerr has the mantle now.

I just want anybody to shut him up.

Yaosthirdleg and napalm06 like this.
  2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Don't worry, the Rockets will do it after they beat Memphis and San Antonio.

You're welcome.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This whole 'cult of personality' thing the current Warriors team has going on is pretty fascinating to watch. Most people aren't even aware of it.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I miss the days of Phil Jackson butting into everything and JVG calling him "Big Chief Triangle".

btw: Pops is butting into a lot of politics, but I guess he's speaking for the players...or trying to.

PyroTex likes this.
  5. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

ah come on, nobody sucks as bad as F**kHead Phil

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I actually agree...but I don't like you that much

Yaosthirdleg, Jontro and the shark like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what did he say this time? serious question.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I hate it too but I honestly believe it's just media members asking him about certain things. Blame the media.

#mediaconspiracy

9. the shark

the shark Member

Thanks for the laugh!!

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i miss the days when kerr was butting into everybody's business in the 2k series.

11. atam

atam Member

In regard to resting players, he literally said, "If the league plays less games, I'm OK with taking a pay cut." He also said he empathizes with fans.

I don't understand how this is upsetting people in any way, shape, or form. What he's suggesting avoids the problem of you purchasing a ticket to the Warriors game a couple months in advance and then having Curry, Klay, and KD out for rest.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks, appreciate the explanation

13. atam

atam Member

He's probably the most down to earth coach in the league and he's very well aware of how lucky he is to be coaching the Warriors at this point in time.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Does he speak for all his players? There are 15 guys on an NBA roster. Odds are at least a few of them don't share Pop's views(or Kerr's or SVG's for that matter). Imagine the position that puts them in.

I really wish these guys would stick to basketball and leave the punditry til after their careers are over(like Kareem did).

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Yeah i'm sick of the warriors expecting special treatment because they think they're entitled. Crying about javale on shaqtin a fool which is a huge segment on tnt. As if he's the only one that's been on it. like mf'er you act like a clown you gonna make it all the time but now that you're on the warriors you wanna cry like a b**** about it. Then we have coward durant crying about getting booed in OKC. Hey mf'er both ryno and eric gordon get booed the whole time they're in NO and not a single rocket fan nor they seem to be crying about it. I'm sick of this entitled team. They need to go back to the bottom barrel of the league so no one will care about them. Literally ruining the nba.