1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr Harden rip moves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 26, 2018.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, I think you're right.

Do you feel that with him referring to the rip move popularized by Harden, he was intentionally trying to attack the player of a rival team, or that was just obvious example that came to mind when discussing the general topic of perimeter players being protected by the whistle much more? I see how one could read it either way.

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Dem Boyz Scurred.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

As others have noted, Durant started doing that first. Harden picked it up from him while they were both on OKC.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Little girl crying again? ha ha?

DonKnock and linvetb6 like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well I think it was purposefully brought up. I believe he was asked about zaza and pulled a very political style response. He avoided the actual question and rambled about how difficult things are about reffing. He then diverted blame onto “harden” type moves.

He was in the media and he’s a smart man. It totally shifted the conversation from about zaza being dirty to harden tricks refs

DonKnock, heypartner and durvasa like this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This

He scurred.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Harden should just respond by saying he learned that move from Durant.

DonKnock, chadyang and durvasa like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Probably not.

But considering his all too recent antics still fresh in the mind, it doesn't take much to put two and two together.

DonKnock and vlaurelio like this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I honestly didn't have a problem with that. It is a cheap move that harden hardly ever does anymore (which I am thankful for)

Easy, Wylo and durvasa like this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This fool better worry about his 1st/2nd rd match ups...or he won’t have to worry about the MVP dominating..

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He is just continually trying to work the refs like phil jackson because the rockets are a threat.

Thats fine, im cool with it.

linvetb6 likes this.
  13. Wylo

Wylo Member

It's a good thing that the league cracked down on that particular move ASAP so that Harden can't use it anymore, because that hooking the arm move could have potentially seriously hurt Harden's reputation if it was more widely known to the public.

Have no idea why he thought that was a smart thing to do... it was so obviously wrong and dirty.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you think this was an intentional attack on the best player of the 1st seeded team who has beat them 2-1 this season and whom they have no answer to ?

15. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Can somebody ask MJ to punch this dude in the face again, but this time make sure to break his jaw so that it stays wired shut? I'm sure he won't mind taking time out of his busy schedule to do so.

16. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Didn’t Kerr play with the GOAT at getting to the free throw line, Micheal Jordan? Dude used to go to the line if a defender breathed on him.

Can’t wait until the Rockets beat them and end their finals run.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

it worked and resulted in an easy 3 free throws, it’s pretty obvious why he thought it was a smart thing to do...it was effective enough that other players around the league started copying it

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL the funny thing is...

Harden would be BETTER if they protected drivers more. BETTER. Harden doesn't get ENOUGH FTs. Yeah I said it. HE DOESN'T GET ENOUGH.

Curry on the other hand would be dead if they weren't favoring the shooter as much. He would not translate well to the 90s style of play with handchecking. Harden would translate in ANY era of ball.

Be careful what you wish for Kerr.

j3i, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  19. Wylo

Wylo Member

I was thinking in terms of Harden's reputation and perception around the league,...no doubt it worked nicely for us, but we live in an age where every single move is recorded and analyzed to fine detail in slow motion, so you just can't get away with things like that. Especially in front of the national audience? Yikes.

Again, thank god Harden doesn't (or can't) use that move anymore.... It could have resulted in a serious blowback.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you're talking about when he drives and opponents reach in for the ball right?