1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis & Rudy T: Holding this team down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rwong, Nov 22, 2002.

1. rwong

rwong New Member

I've never posted here before but after last nights game I just can't help it. First of all Steve is one of the most talented players in the game BUT he is not a point guard and would be more effective as the starting 2 guard. For example, how many times last night did the ball get passed to Steve at the top of the key and what does he do? He either: Dribbles and tries unsuccessfully to go to the hole where it's too crowded or he just shoots it. I never once saw him actually turn the ball and make one more pass to the open man (like you're supposed to do against a zone). The only guys looking to pass the ball to Yao are Mo, Eddie, Hawk, and sometimes Moochie.

As for Rudy, i just understand why you would take out Yao in the 3rd quarter when Bradley went out. I mean LET THE GUY PLAY. I don't want to hear this crap about Yao being tired, look the guy was on fire and anyone who plays ball knows that when you're on fire and playing like that, being tired is the last thing on your mind. Second of all, Rudy needs to let his guards know that they cannot come down the court and just shoot the ball every time. There are other guys on the team with just as much talent and skill as Cat and Steve, but they don't get the touches that they deserve, so when they do get the ball of course all they want to do is shoot it. Honestly I feel the only quick solution to this neverending problem is to bench Cat, and start Moochie at the one, moving Steve to the 2 and starting Yao. That way you can bring Cat, Mo, Cato, KT, Boki, Hawk off the bench. That's a deep team, just as deep as Dallas, that can be really really dangerous come playoff time.

2. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

WOW!!!
    Move Stevie to shooting guard. Why hasn't this been brought up before? :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Cat bricks all 8 of his shots, Griffin clanks 6 of his 9 shots, Taylor misses 8 of his ten shots, and Moochie had as many turnovers as Steve in less than half the minutes...Therefore, it MUST be Steve's fault that we lost!

Oh, and starting Moochie at the point....yeah, everyone will LOVE that idea.

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If 6-4 is Rudy and Francis holding us back then they can hold us back to 47 to 50 wins and the playoffs because that's where we're going if they keep holding us back now. 45+ wins and the playoffs, yeah I'll take that!

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Amen Brotha!!!

6. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

di u watch the game????the reason we lost was b/c steve didnt drive to the whole enough yestarday!!!!!!

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Why are we responding to this guy!! Dude please!!!! Why is it Steve's fault? He had a good game as did Yao. How about this....The Mavs outplayed us!!! Plain and simple! It's ok, things will be alright

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Did you spell your name rwong.

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Well to be honest I have to say that after every game this team plays I does get more confuse. I don't know what to say anymore. Should this team go back to the inside-out game that we played with Dream and Charles. We could use Yao, Taylor, Thomas, Griffin and even sometimes Rice? It's just an idea so don't get hype about it. Then at times in games we can use the outside game with Steve, Cat, Rice and all the other guys.
    This team is deep and we can run most offensive schemes if the players are dedicated (not saying that they aren't).
    Also when watching the guards play I just can't help but scream "pass the damn ball". I don't know if they can see the whole court or what but the way they dribble the clock out just.........ahhh. But I must say that the guard makes outstanding plays at times and I can't take that away from them.
    Hopefully we can beat Washington in our next game and hopefully get pass the Clippers.

10. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

rwong,

You dyslexic? ;)

If Yao is exhausted and left in, then gets injured, are you going to take the heat for that brilliant piece of advice?

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

...by one minute Old Man, 1 minute! :mad: :D

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Francis is the second to last person I would pin this loss on....

Having said that...give them time....the Rockets last night played the Mavs really well...and they are only scratching the surface of their potential. I am concerned about Cuttino's effectiveness...he was completely neutralized by a zone defense last night.
    But I'm not ready to give up on this group as a whole...on the contrary, I think they're gonna make a lot of noise this season!

13. Christopher

Christopher Member

LOL :D

14. ClockworkOrange

If there's one thing to put on Steve, it's that he should have taken it to the rack more. He was causing havoc for the Mavs when he did that. He'd use Yao to help him on more than one occasion. 2 that I could think of, at the top of my head, were the give and go play and the drive and dish to Yao after being triple teamed.

And if you want to blame Rudy, blame him for starting Yao in the 2nd half and causing him to get more tired (sarcastic). He should have known Yao didn't have the endurance yet. Blah blah blah, I know I'm a "newbie" as far as registering goes, but all these other ones with similar topics is really getting out of hand, especially after the losses. Oh well.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

damn.....................................................................

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

damn...............