1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis: I Will Wait and See What Happens Next

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Nov 6, 2007.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

this is crap

if he was in great shape, he would be out the instead of Luther

Luther is in way better shape, can cut better, and can shoot better.

Francis' basketball iq is very low. Combine that with average body shape = riding the pine,

2. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

so being in good shape means your IQ will suddenly become high? francis could be in the best shape of his life. he still wouldnt know how to move without the ball or catch and shoot. i think adelman just said he wasnt in good shape so he wouldnt hurt francis' feelings.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

plus, francis even said he was 100% ready. it's all up to adelman to decide. obviously francis thinks hes in good shape.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

no but he could play well in the system. taking it to the rack with power, drawing fouls, etc

and it matters on the defensive side as well

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

From a ticket sales standpoint, ya gotta play Francis. You play Francis and you sell more merchandise and tickets. It's actually a no brainer so I can't really see him sitting for long with all that money at stake for the Rockets Franchise.

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

people get to see francis on the bench. theres no way adelman will put francis in just to please the crowd while he costs us games. are u saying you'd rather see francis than watch us win?

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Talk about a longshot...I don't think there were many posters here other than "denniscd" that would have taken the bet that after signing Francis, Rafer Alston would still be starting and Francis would be buried on the bench, racking up DNP-CDs. I say that the odds of that happening were probably about 10,000 to 1. And yet it did happen! :eek: :eek:

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Nah, you don't jeapordize any games. You play the man when ya got a big lead. You get him back in shape, learn the offense and sooner or later when someone goes down, he's gonna be the man. You don't put a crowd favorite on the bench and leave him there. People forget that the NBA is about making money and about an entertaining product. The championship is just icing on the cake. If you think about it this way, you play Francis cause people are gonna come to watch him play.

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i'm all for playing francis while we have a big lead and we're going to win. i'm just not sure francis would like that. i remember in Orlando the coach wanted him to get in the game during garbage time and francis said "i'm a star. i dont play garbage time" and he didnt enter the game. :D