1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis: I Will Wait and See What Happens Next

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Nov 6, 2007.

1. poprocks

poprocks Member

Trade him to the Kings for crying out loud they got Beno Udrih there to play in place of Bibby. LOL

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Thanks as always P!

good interview.

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I had someone that works closely with the Rockets come into my place of work and say Steve is FAT and out of shape.
    I also heard his wife just had a baby this off season and had a hard time making it to the training facility while Rafer and Mike James were there every day.

4. cshen

cshen Member

it sounds to me that coach A will consider to use him only when rockets begin to lose.. :(

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Welcome Boomzilla. And English is clearly challenging for many of us here so no worries. :)

Heh... there was a day when all newcomers were welcomed immediately... and why wasn't Sir Jackie Chiles here to do the honors for his countryman? :)

As for Franchise, someone who attended the Laker game saw Steve patting his stomach in apparent reference to his poor condition. Beyond that, there is concern that he may not adapt well to Adelman's offense which requires a lot of passing and good decision-making.

I always liked Steve's competitiveness and athleticism. I hope he can focus on what he needs to to improve and break into the rotation.

6. cujo

cujo Member

I saw Francis being alot more active on the bench, hi fiving his teamates, clapping for them,supporting his team. I know the crowd that night motivated him even more to be patient and work harder. He knows the fans here love him. Well a majority of the fans do at least.

7. banpeikun

banpeikun New Member

he wasn't trying to say it was fake. he's saying someone who didn't even talk to steve could write something better. i'll rearrange the quote so it doesn't have dangling participles:

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

major flaw in this argument- Steve is not better than both Rafer Alston and Mike James, not at this point in his career

9. YAOston

YAOston Member

SF3 is BALLER!!!

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

ah, Francis, at his age it doesn't take long to get in shape. Not like a 40 year old. He can get into awesome shape in as short as 2 months.

11. sab504

sab504 Member

WE WANT FRANCIS! BOOT THAT REEFER GUY

12. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Has Francis done something to tick Adelman off during the pre-season other than being out of shape??? I mean, it's well known that coaches have a tendency to put certain players on the "DNP" list due to attitude or behavior issues. Just look at Bonzi. He was fine, physically, but JVG made up some excuse about his groin and then sat him out the whole season.

So I'm wondering, is there some kind of conspiracy going on that we don't know about it? Is it REALLY as simple as Francis being out of shape and not able to fit into our offense? Or is there something even more alarming going on?

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Francis was T-Mac back in houston :D

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

Francis is turning into Vin Baker in Houston

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can't fault a man for being with his wife and kid
    at least not right after birth . . .. can you?/

Rocket River

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

Nah, I still expect Francise to return to form in about two months.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard people saying that Francis shoudl just go hit the gym and work on his game but is there any evidence that he isn't doing that?

I know someone posted something about him runnign on a treadmill well isn't that something you do at the gym?

18. howe070523

howe070523 Member

Red Sox? :D

19. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

first off francis could be in the best shape of his life it still wouldnt give him a rotation spot

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ouch!