1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern is GOD.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Achebe, Feb 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Stern finally revealed his miraculous powers when he pondered moving Vancouver elsewhere:

Amazing. Vancouver is a nice metropolitan area. I hope they move to UT, we could use some diversity of thought here. Perhaps we could trade Antelope Island and Robert Redford straight up.

------------------
    Good night everyone, Canadian or American. Just remember that we're all bound together by basketball, the internet and the mullet.
    (My attempts at trying to sooth over an international incident).

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited February 12, 2001).]

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Fargo, ND is in great need of a sports franchise.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

The Austin Grizzlies?

------------------

4. Steve_Francis_rules

So is Stern going to make the whole city move, or just the basketball team? [​IMG]
    I think St. Louis might be a good place.

------------------
    The whole world we travel with our thoughts,
    Finding nowhere anyone as precious as one's own self.
    Since each and every person is so precious to themselves
    Let the self-respecting harm no other being. -from the Samyutta Nikaya

5. Live

Live Member

It's sad to see how things are turning out in Vancouver. Let's all remember how we felt when the Oilers (Bud Adams excluded) left town. But it's probably best for both sides, the Grizz could use a few start and Vancouver deserves better.

I think (hope) they end up in New Orleans. It'll be cool to go catch a road game in the Big Easy. [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's better: Kelvin Cato or Joe Barry Caroll?

Take your time! :)

6. Live

Live Member

DAMN TYPOS!!! [​IMG]

'few' should be 'new'

------------------
    Who's better: Kelvin Cato or Joe Barry Caroll?

Take your time! :)

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So what ever happened to Ladd Herzogg?

Butt Adams and Jerry Glanville are the Devil.

------------------

8. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

9. Steve_Francis_rules

Vancouver deserves better? This discussion wouldn't even be happening if people in Vancouver would go see the team they have now.

------------------
    Someone who is about to admonish another must realize within himself five qualities before doing so (that he may be able to say), thus:
    In due season will I speak, not out of season. In truth will I speak, not in falsehood. Gently will I speak, not harshly. To his profit will I speak, not to his loss. With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger. -from the Vinaya Pitaka

10. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Two things:

1. We didn't lose Bud. He still lives in Houston. We got the short end of that deal. The team left and Bud stayed.

2. Apparently it's a done deal on the Grizz being allowed to move. Howard at SBN seems to think the team will move to St. Louis and be sold to Bill Laurie (a guy who earned his money the old-fashioned way. He married into an incredibly wealthy family), the person who tried to buy and move the team to St. Louis last year (and who's in-law Stan Kronke owns the Denver Nuggets, as well as the Colorado Avalanche and part of the St. Louis Rams).

It's unfortunate that a team has to move, but the fans just aren't there for the team. Granted, the team is pretty bad, but the honeymoon shouldn't be over yet, and the business community has reportedly not supported the team, either. Vancouver is a lovely city, but it apparently just isn't an NBA city.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    The Anti-Bud Adams Page

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Hmmm, Canada is going to need a metropolitan area to replace Vancouver when Stern says he is going to take the entire city out of there, how about sending them Utah and Dallas for Vancouver and Shareef Abdur-Rahim!? [​IMG]

------------------
    Dream a deadly Dream. . .