1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephon Marbury: "Jordan been robbing the hood"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Oct 6, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

http://solecollector.com/news/starb...+08+2015&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The selling cheaper shoes never works.
    Poor people always want expensive things.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

His shoes were actually extremely popular, when he first released them several years ago. They constantly sold out.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Marburys were legit. I wore them and hooped in them. Loved getting them at Steve and Barry's at Almeda Mall. This was of course before I was a sneaker head.

5. conquistador#11

get money boyz!
    the starbury's looked good, better than spalding in the 90s.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If he really takes the older lebron model and throws his star on them, I'd bite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I will absolutely be a buyer at 15 dollars a pair.

I used to be a sneaker head about 4 years ago, but got tired of blowing a ridiculous amount of money on shoes I was afraid to wear because of how expensive they were. So I stopped, haven't bought a new pair of shoes in 4 years.

I'm in desperate need of a new pair of shoes though, all of my shoes have holes burned into the inner soles from all the basketball I play, every time I play the ball of my feet become raw. I just can't find my self to spend a $100 on a pair of shoes anymore though. But a 15-30 bucks a pop for a shoe the same quality of Jordan's and Nikes? I'd absolutely be a buyer, and would rock them with pride.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, Jordan and all those stars endorsing sneakers and other sports goods are robbing EVERYBODY. The only reason why those sneakers are so expensive is that the brands pay millions and millions to those stars.

But that's the nature of marketing. I've never understand why I am supposed to buy something just because some celebrity gets paid a ton to say that thing is good.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's a place in the market for it, definitely. He needs to get a real athlete to back it though.

10. BleedsRocketRed

I loved his old line. They were great shoes and I am glad to hear they are coming back.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

$15 sneakers. No thanks. I like my feet, ankles and knees.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

F*** Michael Jordan

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

That's cool I'll probably Chloe his shoes out but Jordan didn't do anything wrong. That's business.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

All that high end marketing and brand recognition really supports those ankles huh!

Jordan's cost $5 to make, so do Marbury's, one just sells for 160 and the other 15. They did a study and cut both Jordan's and Marbury's in half and concluded the shoes where made of the same materials and where no different in quality.

15. awc713

awc713 Member

Marbury makes a lot of good points, and I love what he's doing as far as making performance shoes available for inner city youths. But he fails to realize that people buy Jordans precisely because they are so damn expensive. It's a status symbol for many, regardless how irrational that POV is.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I actually owned a pair of these...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I loved the both gens he came out with and owned Big Bens (Wallace) also. Definitely getting 2-3 pairs. The blueprints he has for them are great, with tons of color schemes, not just Knicks colors

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

So this is as if Marbury never got a pair of J's himself :rolleyes:

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Marbury has a good heart, but i do remmeber him on ustream a few years back having a nervous breakdown because his father passed away. He seems to be happy away from america

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's the prime example of the wonders of marketing and manipulation, it's amazing how people only look at price tags, brands and reputation. That's why the cycle will never stop.