1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith Rant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by roflmcwaffles, May 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Space City

i don't know why its so hard for some people to just admit they're scared of black people.

it isn't even about a hoodie.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

That Jesse Ventura comment is well stupid. I'm sure black kids aren't emailing chief keef about being stereotyped. That is the equivalent of how dumb that comment was.

No point in going back and forth at this point. I will end this by saying if you are walking around at 2:30 am on any street or alley it would be wise to be alert at anyone walking your way no matter what race or what they have on.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I probably see an equal amount of bald white guys with some sort of tats as I see black men with black hoodies, you've completely puzzled me :confused: both are pretty prevalent and normal

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

When did he say kids should not go out at all in hoodies? I recall him making a reference to some deciding not to send their kids out in hoodies, which is true. I know some black mothers that don't send their kids out in certain attire, hoodies included, that cause fear in others. It's the same reason some minority parents don't give their kids certain names. They realize discrimination is real and want to limit the chances their kids have to face it. Sometimes it can get you killed. Sometimes it can just not get you an interview.

Yes, when he was mentioning how some folks are just racist. He didn't say that was right. He was explaining the reality of folks still being scared of him even when he is dressed up in a suit.

I saw it too. I don't recall him saying he thought kids should not go out in hoodies. Link?

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Stephen A. Smith in his rant said white men with face tats and tats all over their body.

If you see a lot of white men or men period with face tats I'd like to know where you hang out at.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Depends how they act and the context.

Hipster baristas with tats and hoodies are harmless.

But being alone on a subway with a white nerdy dude in a suit is scary. Could be a cereal killer.

I don't want to put no lotion in no basket.

7. Mr. Space City

that's bowing down to the ideals of white bigotry.

someone shouldn't try to reinvent themselves or live their life according to the fears and ignorance of white people.

t's the same logic as people saying gay people do't have the right to express PDA with their significant other because of the criticism and backlash from homophones.

we know the realities of it but some don't agree with the ideals behind it.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If "bowing down" brings more peace to your life and no one else is being hurt by it then more power to you.

And he never said they should. Are we going to pretend like people don't?

I don't think it's right to criticize anyone on either side of the aisle. Some want to fight. Some are fine conforming. Let folks do what is fine for them.

9. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I used to be a cereal killer in my teens. I would kill a box of lucky charms, coco puffs and frosted flakes in one week.

10. pocketrocket81

I never cared much for Stephen A. Smith and I stopped listening to his rants long ago. Especially after his use of the N word on tape and he has never owned up to it. He has zero credibility with me ...Bomani Jones makes way more sense.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He has said he uses the n word before on first take, I dont know what youre talking about. Bomani and SAS are about the same.

12. SunsRocketsfan

I dunno. This cereal killer clearly looks black to me

[​IMG]

13. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The real tragedy is that when a white kid murders someone it becomes national news.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He definitely came across as a Uncle Tom lol. How do you turn stupid stereotypical comments Mark Cuban made, into a self centered lecture about what African Americans need to do better? It's a complete turn around from the topic. Lost a lot of respect for SAS. He's obviously crying out to the white conservative base that listen to Rush Limbaugh all day. "Ya see white america, I'm different than them" is how it came across. Now when the next black kid gets innocently killed for just wearing a hoodie, I wonder what Smith's lecture will be to african americans.

15. jose

jose Member

This might be true for some but for the majority it's not. I spoke to some cab drivers in NYC, black people there complain about it being hard to get a ride, they told me it has nothing to do with them being black but how they present themselves. They told me they often had problems with ghetto dressed customers regardless of race and filing a police report takes so much time and time is money to cab drivers so they don't bother.

They told me they always pick up black well dressed people or "professionals" cause they never run into issues with them.

presentation has always been a thing it's no secret and no group is immune from being judged, it's why you dress well to interviews and have your hair well kept for most things.

16. pocketrocket81

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

*Fixed*

Dyson hit the ball out of the park ... when he said Barack Obama, probably as idealistic of a person as you can get and look at the racism that he endures... He speaks wonderfully...better than most politician, no most people. One can visit any casual website with a user comments and see how people feel about their "Black" president in his nicely fitted suits. A random monkey in suit picture pops up. So the conformity doesn't always work... hmm. Because, people are not judged, equally, regardless of the clothes they wear.

The hoodies, the sagging pants, the hairstyles are easy to nit-pick, or serve as a red-herring. I find alot of things in poor taste, but I'm not boycotting or outlawing...and I don't label them with these ridiculous dissertations.

18. jose

jose Member

Plutoblue11 go to any worldstarhiphop comments and it's 100x worse. racism is bad when you are denying opportunity, I.e the Sterling housing lawsuit, people are always gonna have biases

19. amaru

amaru Member

Of course worldstarhiphop is the voice of all black people.

20. jose

jose Member

There is plenty of anti black trolls on there too but generally WSHH is one of the most visited "urban" websites. If you're going to base arguments off of internet comments it just shows how ineffective of a measuring tool it is, given the amount of trolling and shills.