1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith following Keith Olbermann?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ron from the G, Jul 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Looks like Stephen A. Smith burned too many bridges in the sports world and is getting into political commentary.

<div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/32027203#32027203" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">Breaking News</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">World News</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">News about the Economy</a></p></div>

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

edit: can see video, saw him on msnbc last week i believe

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Well it is video from MSNBC so maybe it is the same thing. I don't have sound at work so maybe somebody with sound can chime in.

5. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

He's actually been transitioning to the political and finance field for the better part of the last 15 mos or so. He appeared quite a few times on MSNBC's election coverage and also on a few of the Financial channels.

As far as burning bridges, I think most of his opinions have been pretty sound and repected amogst the players but the delivery just rubbed a lot of people wrong.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I guess Rasho Nesterovic and Slava Medvendenko are more power than we had thought...

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was in LA during the whole Micheal Jackson thing, and some station had him on as a guest to talk about the details of the his death. It was really weird, and it's pretty obvious that he's just grasping at straws to stay in the limelight. He'll go on whatever station mics him up.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Quite frankly, I am outraged that he is still in the public media. I'll go eat some Cheez Doodles to blow off this steam.

9. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

There is a large segment of people who don't like Jim Rome cause of his brash delivery. But both men tend to mix in very valid arguments to go along with there "antics". I think he will continue to get opportunites cause the man can talk and grab viewers.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I saw him on CNN's Campbell Brown talking about athletes transitioning into retirement after McNair's death. Really? They can't find someone else.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with his political commentary, but with sports he looks like a classic case of the guy that was probably never good at sports growing up but always wanted to be. Then he gets a career in it and spouts off like he knows the game like someone who played it professionally.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lots of annoying people make the move from the GARM to the D&D. Makes sense.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Well, he at least got to play when he was in college at Winston-Salem State University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_A._Smith

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He got fired from espn so now he is trying to find work what is wrong with that?