1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry Says He Doesn't Believe Man Landed on the Moon

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

While we laugh and joke, make no mistake of it, this line of thinking is dangerous. Science preaches skepticism, but not outright rejection. Steph Curry is privileged enough to believe in this lunacy, and he might even just be kidding, but the danger still persists. I for one find it sad that athletes are saying crap like this. He and Kyrie are idiots.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Steph needs to shut up and dribble.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

But are his kids mature enough to be drinking wine?

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

clutchdabear and Htowngenius like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well he did go to a private liberal arts college with like 1500 students, and left as a Junior. Plus I'm pretty sure he spent 90% of his time playing basketball, like most athletes. That explains a lot right there.

The bigger surprise is that so many people think that the beliefs of athletes / celebrities / people on TV are more important than the people around them. I'm quite sure that average celebrity IQ is not something worth venerating. Celebrities are mostly dummies with a platform.

Fyreball likes this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Lol come on bro, are you seriously questioning this? The landings were announced to the whole world man. It’s too hard to fake something like that. If it were a hoax and it was definitively proved to be that, the embarrassment and loss of credibility would be catastrophic. Further consider this, even relatively smaller scandals have surfaced such as the president getting blown in the oval office. Details such as Clinton inserting a cigar tube in Monica’s private parts leaked out. If small and in comparison trivial but highly damaging scandals have come to light, think about how difficult it would be to conspire something like faking the moon landing. The sheer number of people who would be involved from so many different parts of government and society would be insane. Point is people aren’t good at keeping secrets. There’s always egos and conflicting interests, and if such a concept was even proposed, it would likely have leaked way before execution...

#26 Elephant810, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

The issue is, they have a platform to communicate and their words carry weight. I am surprised Steph doesn't believe in the moon landing just as much as I would be surprised someone doesn't believe in gravity. These aren't concepts or facts that a person needs an education to know and understand. Sure, question authority, that's fine. But, if you are going to question it, you might as well do some real research to back it up. Any amount of research shows this guy is a damn fool if he believes otherwise.

Edit: I do agree with you however, that we should not care about what they think. The problem is, people do.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

There better not be a single poster from Space City who agrees with Steph

DreamShook and clutchdabear like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Very well said. That's the problem, that people value what these people say and do, otherwise you wouldn't have companies paying them millions of dollars to advertise their products.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe even a moderately intelligent person would believe that man walked on the moon.

robbie380 likes this.
  11. napalm06

[​IMG]

12. napalm06

Agreed 100%. To me that's one of the biggest problems facing our political system in general. Radio really ramped up celebrities' ability to dictate opinion 100x, then TV amplified it 100x, and now social media has amplified it 100x.

People look to others for ideas way too much.

clutchdabear and Mazulis like this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Much like the Anit-Vaxxer movement, Moon Landing deniers scoff and "yeah, but..." their way out of every single piece of evidence thrown at them showing them how idiotic they're being. It takes ACTIVE COGNITIVE DISSONANCE to go against the grain on something that has literally millions of pages of research freely available to look at and digest.

14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Relax. Disbelief that we landed on the moon isn’t really a rejection of Science ... at least not at the level of Flat-Earthers.

I mean, what would you think of a Soviet in the 70s who tried to tell you our landing was fake and propaganda, that we only flew around the moon. Would we say they were rejecting Science?

In the end, doesn’t really matter if ppl think we failed to make the Lunar Module Safe enough for a landing. so just did observational fly-bys, yet NASA had to save face, and give the people a much-needed public Win over the Soviets. Doesn’t matter because they can believe that without questioning Science, and they can have that conspiracy without also believing we’re staging Mars, now.

Not same as Flat-Earth rejection of Science.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

It's a rejection in the faith of the work scientists have done. It assumes that if science can't achieve something it fakes it. The thought process of rejecting something with no evidence is a slap in the face of science. It's the antithesis of science.

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Sure but the main issue is the lack of critical thinking skills and rationality.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Joel Blank trolling Morey about this. Remember when he was legit? Seems so long ago. From broadcaster to just another troll. Oh well

D-rock, smp and heypartner like this.
  19. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nah. I've heard the conspiracy from even scientists. I don't consider their conspiracy (not mine) close to a "slap in the face of science" as Flat-Earthers.

Belief in govt cover-ups is not necessarily a rejection of science at all. And it doesn't assume scientists will fake Kennedy's "End of Decade" promise, for say, being too short of a schedule for them to do it safely....it just says the govt and politicians in charge of NASA will.

imo, it's silly, but I'm sure many Americans would be saying the Soviets faked it, had they been first, without any rejection of Science, in saying so.

#40 heypartner, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018