1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein]Rockets one of VERY interested teams to steal Steve Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

How much would it take to get him? And could we get Lopez or Gortat with him?

Like, would a Brooks+C-Bud+Jeffries package be enough to get him? Or would we have to give up a draft pick with that?

Like, how much do the Suns value him?

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We'd probably have to give up a draft pick + another good player besides Brooks (unless he starts going nuts with his scoring again) to get Nash, but if we are still in the hunt, I think he would probably push us over it when paired with Martin, Scola and the second unit with Hill and Lee.

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

A few more years....MAYBE four.

Yes.

Neither, it's a wash. Aaron Brooks will not be missed and Lowry should still be there backing up.

4. PeppermintCandy

if the Suns are letting Nash go, it's a total rebuilding project for them. They'll probably expect this year's pick plus one of the 2012 picks just for starters.

Houston's interest in Nash would have been a no-brainer when Yao looked like he was near returning. Now...it depends on the price I guess.

5. Happii

Happii Member

Doesn't the Suns right now want to trade Nash to a contending team to get him a championship for all of the years he was with the club? I'm pretty sure we are not a contending team even if Nash got traded here. The team which is most likely to acquire him is Miami due to their desperate need of a PG at the moment.

6. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

nash doesn't have the weapons here that he needs to turn us into a contender. he might help get a few more wins for the team, but he won't turn the team around

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Count me in with those that want Steve Nash. I don't think the Suns move him unless Nash nudges them to. So, if they keep losing as we get closer to the deadline, they might do it depending on the package they get in return.

I think durvasa has really nailed this topic.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

John Stockton was still playing at a high level in his last season at 41. He could have continued playing if he wanted to. Nash is similar to Stockton in a lot of ways. I believe he still has a few years left in his tank.

I would trade Brooks plus fillers for Nash in a heartbeat. And like durvasa pointed out, having Nash would make it much easier to attract other stars.

9. herro

herro Member

I think I'd rather have Brooks.

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Seeing as this team is too good to tank as it is, and we'll likely make a run at the 8th seed even without Nash, if we can get him for a decent package, then sure, what's to lose? Maybe we can finish as high as 6th with him and avoid the Lakers and Mavs in the 1st round...if we do this trade, then we we should look for a short term band aid for the C position as well if we score the Yao exception. Nothing long term, but maybe an expiring defensive center that could help in playoffs (probably wishful thinking).

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

Nash's age is not a concern. He has a lot of high-level basketball left in him.

That being said, I don't think we need to be looking for a Steve Nash unless we were ready to win a title.

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

At this point, anyone but Hill, I'd be very interested. That dude has shown me too much growth lately ;)

13. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Simply stated he is 37 and continues to suffer from back pains. He does not fit our requirement of young/athletic player, plus we would have to give up alot for him. No thanks.

14. Txang99

Txang99 Member

I'll definitely take him if Phoenix loses their mind and trades him away relatively cheap. I'd give Brooks, Jeffries, & possibly CBud for him. No draft picks though. I don't want trading for Nash to hinder our rebuild process.

15. Garner

Garner Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *GASP* hahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh boy....good one.

16. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You call this cheap?!!!!! Lets trade away a lot of youth for an old aging superstar from Phoenix with back problems. That worked so well for us the last time we did that exact same trade when we gave away Horry and Cassell for Barkley. Phoenix would probably wrap Steve's knick knacks with loving care for this trade. Are you the Phoenix GM by chance or are whacked out of your mind on drugs?

17. Seth

Seth Member

I am OK, he is better than brooks in almost every aspect of the game. And he can maximize both Scola and Martin on offense, Martin game is very fit for what we do right now, but Scola would really improve with someone that knows how to play the pnr.

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

This and Nash also increased his turnover ratio. That wont help this team.

19. Txang99

Txang99 Member

What is so expensive about this? Brooks is not going to be our starting PG, Jeffries never plays, and CBud is a career bench player. Yes I'll trade that away for an all-star PG, who probably has 3 good years left.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

All of those guys praising Nash as a young player development coach should look at how their bevy of young big guys are playing with Nash.. The Suns without Nash and us without a Martin, Scola would be almost the same.. Do you see Brook Lopez and Channing Frye into legit forces? No. Nash is old and can't help this team, let's move on.