1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein]Rockets one of VERY interested teams to steal Steve Nash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Trading for Nash would be so incredibly stupid.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do you remember Channing Frye with Portland? Without Nash, Frye wouldn't be treated as a human being by other NBA players.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Pretty hard for Nash to turn Brook Lopez into a legit force right now.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

At the age of 37, it's not likely he will get another big contract. Why don't we try to get him on the cheap? He can become the team's veteran leader and a locker room presence.

5. srrono

srrono Member

I really dont think we need a guard.

6. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I don't know about it. I am not as confident as you that AB will wear the Rockets jersey next season. I think they will use him as a major piece to trade for a front court player.

7. Dei

Dei Member

If we can trade one of our point guards for a good big man, sure.

8. Apps

Apps Member

It would undoubtedly be the best show in the NBA, though.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? so you expect him to play until he is 40 or 41. More to the point you expect him to be an elite PG at 40 or 41. Maybe you should check the number of effective 38+ year old players that have ever played at an elite level. How many people have even played until 40? I think Shaq is the current oldest player in the league at 38 or 39.

So you think adding Nash makes us a contender? I guess thats the real issue because if I felt Nash would make us an instant contender I would make the deal. I happen to think we are a lot more than one over the hill or even in his prime Steve Nash from being contenders.

The problem with that line of thinking is that I think we need more defense not more offense and certainly not a move that makes anything a wash.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with the type of offense he plays in right? How many people said Amare owed his success to Nash? Now we are finding out that it was not Steve Nash after all that made Amare so good.... Amare is actually that good. The guy is putting up career numbers and is an early season MVP candidate and Nash is not even on the team.

11. Sanity2disChaos

maybe we can get nash then ship him to the nets to play with Melo......
    Nash/hill....for......Lopez/Harris.

I would do that at the drop of a DIME!!......JUST SIT BACK AND IMAGINE...!!

HARRIS
    MARTIN
    WILLIAMS
    SCOLA
    LOPEZ

YOUNG,TELENTED AND READY!!LETS GET IT!!

12. worzel gummidge

Knicks have benefited from an easy schedule.

5 game win streak: Kings, GS, Clips, Bobcats, and Bobcats

8 game win streak: Pistons, Nets, Hornets (during a mini-slump or collapse after hot start to season), Raptors, T-Wolves, Raptors, Wizards, and Denver.

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

so what if nash is old? we have points on this team that can make Nash sit his old ass down for as long as he wants until the play-offs.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think he's referring to how people said Amare wouldn't be able to produce at a high level without Nash, winning is icing on the cake. No one really expected much out of that Knicks team.

Let's be honest, we've all seen how players see huge statistical jumps while playing under Dantoni (or Gentry/Nelson types) with or without Nash. Or, maybe I'm crazy and Raymond Felton elevated his game from decent role player to all star caliber in one offseason.

As a self-proclaimed Steve Nash realist, I don't think the guy is any different from when he was in his late 20's. He'd easily be our best player. I'd want him here under the condition that we still run Adelman's offense.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So where's the other star player on the Suns?

16. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

So.....we shouldn't get Nash because other players don't want to play with him because the Suns don't have a second star player at this point?

:rolleyes:

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You are really not on the mark at all with this post.

18. Chamillionaire

:confused: no thanks. that looks awfully like the nets, from last year.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

History hasn't shown that. Amare left Nash. Joe Johnson wasn't clamming to get back with Nash. Marion left Nash. It's not like Dirk bolted from Dallas to join Nash either. Did Bosh or LeBron or anyone talk about heading to Phoenix to play with Nash? Anthony?

I just don't see that line of thinking ringing true. Am I missing something here?

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't remember the Suns going after star players in recent years. The Rockets have been aggressive in pursuing star talent recently. There's no question in my mind that a point guard of Nash's abilities would make Houston a more attractive destination.