1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Rockets emerging as serious threat to sign Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Do you have a link?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm just happy that I have Monday and Tuesday off. This weekend is going to be stupid fun.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. No wonder you're so miserable.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

On a Clippers board, a couple of posters out of several pages said it's obvious Paul can play off the ball too. If we split the PG duties 50-50, and Harden doesn't just stand around while Paul is ball handler, it can certainly work. Now combine the fact that Harden is pushing for this, and at the end of last season MDA made a comment about how we can get Harden off the ball more to avoid wearing him down.. and I can see it working. Frankly, my only concern was Harden.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm probably coming across as miserable.

But the reality is enjoying watching basketball as a whole as much as I ever had.

There's a nice clarity about being a realist about the situation.

KlutchQT likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

all this talk about needing to give up ryno to get a cp3. welp that didn't happen

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There is a difference between realism and pessimism.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Did you see what supporting casts you just put up? How do you expect him to close out anything with those type of teams centered around (again) one superstar.

C'mon man we're back at square one, he's been a great player on some really bad constructed teams. Including the Clippers, with their lack of bench depth.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Absolutely.

But there is a biased view on this board for what realism is.

Listen to Sirius XM Radio NBA channel for multiple hours a day for a couple of weeks. None of the analysts on there can make any sense of how a CP3 / Harden pairing would work. Most of the analysts on there recognize James' laid an egg in the playoffs, again, and doesn't play defense most of the time. They recognize James dragged a non-playoff squad to the second round as well, but they are just realists about the situation. Not that NBA radio is the only place I get my nba coverage.

There's a lack of "buzz" around this Rockets team, especially for one with the 3rd best record in the NBA, the runner up to the MVP, a great, generally "fun" offense, etc. If this was year 2 or 3 of Harden, the national and public view of this team would be a ton more "energetic". It's very similar to the Clippers in that way, except the Clippers get the LAC/Ballmer/Simmons slight bump.

Good for DM for keeping the buzz going though. CP3+Harden will be interesting.

10. seeingred

seeingred Member

lolol

11. threepointshot3

Alex kennedy says Melo or wade are next if they get a buyout. loool. Domino effect in place. MDA wants no part of Melo. in my opinion. We are now a destination once again.

12. StrawberryJamm

Can I get no credit around here

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You might be thinking of the NFL where guaranteed contacts are few. In the NBA, you can cut a non-guaranteed contract and it goes *poof* as you say, but guaranteed contracts must be paid, and for that reason, still count against the Team Salary and cap.

All a buyout does is reduce the dollars that remain to be paid and remain as a hit on Team Salary/cap.

14. BackdoorHarden

Damn, I was on the toilet when I heard the CP3 news this morning!!!! I will never take another dump.

I don't want to miss out on the PG13 trade coming up next

15. BackdoorHarden

HELL NO

16. BackdoorHarden

I'm shocked. I thought it was going to be Spurs or Clippers