1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stefanski confirmed Rapotors haven't spoken to Rockets about Lowry/#8

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hard Rock, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Bull****, everybody lies around this time, it's all a big PR game and I love it :) Hell, McHale set they are happy with Lowry and all sources say he's being shopped like crazy.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wrong title. This is what is actually said:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/25/the-toronto-raptors-are-unlikely-to-trade-the-eighth-pick/

Translation:

Ed Stefanski confirms that they may indeed trade the 8th pick before Thursday and that he has not personally spoken to Houston about Lowry, but that's not to say someone else in the organization have not or that they will not trade for him before draft day.

You gotta learn to read NBA-speak. It looks like English but it's really not.

1 person likes this.
  3. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i never seen a blockbuster trade leaked so much details so early. it might not be 2 top-10 picks for Dwight as rumored but Morey might surprise us with another all-star.

4. mazinger

mazinger Member

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I hope they are already discussing Lowry for 6th which is a much more fair deal than 8th! That way, Blazers won't bid on Dragic who imo will be the strongest in pursuit of a PG.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is why they should go after that #5 pick. Take Lillard at 5 and if possible Drummond at 8.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think I may take some sleeping pills that last till Thursday at about 4:00 pm

8. Jamers

Jamers Member

who's rapotors?

9. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

"Who's," eh? :p

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

For real

[​IMG]

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I remain skeptical that we can get two top ten picks. Lowry would only get you one, and then what? Not many of our players are enticing to rebuilding teams.

For the moment I remain hopeful that we settle for Moving up once to get Drummond. Just so many fewer variables in that scenario.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ah....I see....the reporters