1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stay Humble Stay Hungry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsjudoka, May 15, 2018.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of us older Rockets fans remember how many times the two championship teams were down. We remember when even though we had homecourt advantage in 1994 against the Knicks many were calling us done when we were returning to Compaq Center after going down 2-3. Many of us remember how many times it looked like we were done in 1995. In those two runs much of the rest of the country didn't like us. They said the brand of ball we played was ugly. Many said we were accidental champion and there are still many that want to put an asterisks next to those two championships as if we were just placeholders.

Rudy T said "Stay Humble, Stay Hungry". What that motto meant was that the Rockets didn't talk, brag or whine in the face of doubt and opposition but put their passion and desire onto the court. This team needs that motto again. We've been punched in the face by a great team and the doubters are all in full force again. The NBA can't wait to schedule another Warriors - Lebron final. The Rockets are and have been the underdogs. They can choose to go and slink back in the corner or they can come out biting. We as fans can choose to abandon them or we can urge them on...

As an organization and fans we've been in worse spots before. We could just be another speed bump to another Warriors finals or this could be the Return of ClutchCity!
    [​IMG]

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Stay focussed. Never underestimate the heart of a Champion

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great post.

This year's Warriors are intimidating enough without losing game 1 to them on your home court. Still, all great comeback stories start from a place of adversity.

This is where we are right now, but doesn't have to be where we end up.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

all the Rockets have to do is win game 2 and get a split in Oracle...people are acting like that’s impossible

the series is over if they lose game 2 tho

ReignSupreme and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks. Let’s not give up yet. Even if we lose tomorrow the Rockets have come back from two down.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I really don't get all the negativity. I agree the Warriors are a great team and yes we might very well lose and we might even get swept. That still has to be decided on the court. If some of y'all are so convinced that the series is over and the Rockets have no chance why bother watching the games or talking about it?

Some of us have seen the Rockets down and seen the Rockets come back. Even if it doesn't happen enjoy getting the opportunity to watch and cheer your team on in May..

Patience and ElPigto like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clint Capela needs a Monster Game, Tucker, Gordon, Ariza need to hit their 3s, I want Ryan to play in this series especially, his deep 3 pointers can help space the floor for Harden and Paul, Eric. Chris Paul needs to attack the basket and get Curry, Draymond in Foul Trouble. Harden needs to have an all around game assists, rebounds, alley oops to Capela a lot. Don't talk to referees or Draymond he wants to bait the Rockets into a technical, Flagrant Foul Nonsense. Fast break pushing the bal is needed.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Masochism.

JK. You are right, fight till the end!

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought I'd be crushed if we lost game 1. But, to my surprise, I didn't have that feeling. Instead, I'm just looking forward to game 2 and the adjustments we make all the more. I feel this will be a back-and-forth series, where the team that lost the preceding game will have an advantage heading into the next game.

Patience and ElPigto like this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great thread!

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is how I feel, just looking forward to the next game. I'm hoping Rockets make it a series tonight and hopefully they are prepared tonight and will play with a lot more focus and intensity.

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Wish this was the case, unfortunately those championship teams never faced a team like the warriors

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one has ever defeated a team like this. You're talking about a historic 73 win team adding an MVP on top of that.

They went from being a top 10 team of all time to the top team in NBA history by a mile.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I TOLD Y'ALL! Don't declare your team dead yet.
    Now this isn't going to convince the doubter and all you're going here the next few days is about GSW played poorly and once Curry gets on track they will win it in 5. Let them talk... We're still the underdogs and we're going to be until we this series is over.

STAY HUMBLE, STAY HUNGRY...

saleem likes this.
  16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We were always going to have to win a game there. No way this going all home For all 7. Game 1 sucked but now we have a Game 3 to take it back.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I really believe in this team, despite the abysmal performance in game 1 they really came back lockedin in game 2 and responded well, every game is a must win for us from now on, bring the intensity every game and treat it like it's the last game of the season.

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We blew them out on Wednesday but I think it's going to be a tough slog. The Warriors are still a great team and I expect the next two games to be very tough. Humlity and hunger are more important than ever.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes I'm pimping my own thread. When we see a Clutchcity flashback like that I'm going to bring up the Clutchcity motto again!

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Also going to say this game was won in true Clutchcity fashion with D, with gritty plays with stars, stepping up to do the dirty work when their offense wasn't coming easy and Eric Gordon channeling Mario Elie!