1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Static on Channel 51...Enough is enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thedreamisover, Feb 4, 2003.

1. thedreamisover

I am sure that this topic has been posted before, but seriously, enough is enough. The Rockets now have arguably the most marketable athlete in professional sports yet we still have to suffer through this ghetto-a$$ TV station. Can nothing be done? I mean, by now I am used to the static lines running through my screen and the occasional interruptions in the telecast for a completely blank screen, but doesn't the orginazation have some pride?

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

lol...well we could switch to Fox Sports Net. They tried to offer to broadcast our games. It looks all right on WB. The thing I hated was the game in Atlanta......WHERE THE TV KEPT ON BOOING!!!

Lol...well we have to live with it.

3. BALLhog 247 365

hmm...i havent seen any problems here with tv-51, its doing a good job

4. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

No problem here, today anyway.....:rolleyes:

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Are u using a antenna or cable?

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I got Time Warner Digital cable...I'm seeing a lot of static and pops too.

Weak.

7. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

i dont even pick up ch 2 sound anymore, ch 12 (nbc) is slowl taking over ch 2, i get their sound and their pic is starting to show thru

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

For me channel 51 is about as clear as it could be. :p

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

Before 51 became available on Dishnetwork, I used an indoor AMPLIFIED antenna and got perfect reception.

Key here is, amplified. A regular antenna is not strong enough.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I have Time Warner and it's crystal clear. Actually, best reception I've had in a while.

11. edc

edc Contributing Member

Channel 51 has their digital station up and going, so I have no complaints anymore!

12. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

for a local station, they r doin a pretty good job, at least they will have the time for the post-game show, not like WB who can't give rockets any extra times. and as long as they will broadcast almost all the games in local station, i'm happy.

13. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Ch. 51 has awesome picture. Your not using one of those handheld tvs are you???..............:rolleyes: