1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State your case, place your vote

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Oct 24, 2016.

?

Who are you voting for President?

1. Hillary Clinton

64.3%
  2. Gary Johnson

8.0%
  3. Evan McMullin

3.6%
  4. Jill Stein

1.8%
  5. Donald Trump

9.8%
  6. Won't be voting

10.7%
  7. Write-in candidate

1.8%
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Early voting begins today. Time to state your case and vote.

Policy issues aside, I could never vote for an erratic, lying buffoon who regularly delves in conspiracy theories, aligns himself with white supremacists/nationalists, and is completely ignorant on so many important issues facing our country. Trump is the most poorly informed, ignorant candidate for President I've ever seen. He seems to think he's running to be king rather than President and believes appealing to hatred and fear is the way to lead a country. He's the closest thing I've ever seen to a 3rd world dictator running for office. Truly frightening.

Clinton is a shady as hell technocrat who has spent her entire career dancing through the gray areas of the law. She has no charisma whatsoever and thus will be extremely ineffective at using the bully pulpit of the Presidency. She has poor leadership skills and though she's probably the most experienced person to ever run for President, a lot of that can be attributed to being married to Bill Clinton. While Clinton isn't an erratic buffoon, her judgement particularly in foreign policy concerns me. I would hope she takes a hands off, don't screw anything up, Obama approach to foreign policy but I tend to doubt it. Clinton for whatever reason doesn't seem to understand unintended consequences. Unfortunately Clinton more resembles an 80's corporate Republican than a progressive. Hopefully Clinton's Supreme Court selections will be a down payment on the debt that she owes progressives that will vote for her after how the DNC did Bernie. I hope Hillary follows through on the progressive parts of her agenda. It will be very frustrating if she doesn't fulfill those promises.

So, I'll be voting Clinton which a lot of skepticism but hopeful that a progressive agenda will be implemented during her Presidency.

Deji McGever likes this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'll be writing in Evan McMullin.

Clinton and Trump are both embarrassments to our country.

3. bacliff

bacliff Member

Gary Johnson. He is the best candidate running again.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Voting Clinton hope she truly adopts Bernie's platform.

DD

5. Buck Turgidson

HIllary. The other candidates are completely 100% unpalatable, she is less so.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They have privately ridiculed Bernie's stances on Wikileaks and taken his platform for the votes. Ain't happening.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Writing in Evan McMullin as well. Voting specifically on principle. Sending a message to the Republican party that nominating Trump was a HUGE mistake.

I would rather vote for someone I support and have them lose than vote for someone I don't support and have them win.

I'm not voting today, it's going to be a madhouse just as bad as election day. Probably this weekend as my polling place is open on Saturday and Sunday!

Hustle Town and bobrek like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have a happy life right now, great job, bought a house. I achieved the American dream as a son of immigrants. Hope and change worked for me so let's keep it going

Codman and eric.81 like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I long considered voting Hillary as a protest or voting Gary Johnson. As the election went on, I'm just not going to be a part of it. Trump and Hillary are national embarrassments and down the line I'll want to be able to say that I had no part in this, the worst presidential election in modern history.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You should fix your poll to include "Write In Candidate"

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Going Hilary. I don't expect any major positive or negative changes in the next four years. If she can get Citizens United overturned with a good SC appointment I'd consider it a victory.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Voting Hillary, never have followed politics closely in the past enough to care for one candidate over another.

Thankfully this year I really didn't have to either since Trumps ridiculousness made it easy for me to decide it was time to go vote and vote for Hillary.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As a Bernie guy it has to be Clinton. She's just closer to his issues than anyone else is right now. Not expecting much from her though.

Nook likes this.
  14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Agreed. This entire election has been all about noise and distractions.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If anyone is writing in, and they are voting in Texas, here are the write-in votes that can be counted (in TX, a candidate has to file to collect even write-ins):
    • Darrel L. Castle
    • Scott Cubbler
    • Cherunda Fox
    • Tom Hoefling
    • Laurence Kotlikoff
    • Jonathan Lee
    • Michael A. Maturen
    • Evan McMullin
    • Monica Moorehead
    • Robert Morrow
    • Emidio Soltysik
    • Dale Steffes
    • Tony Valdivia
    http://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/tx-will-only-count-these-13-write-in-candidates

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Just cast my vote in Arkansas for Hillary Rodham Clinton! (and medical mar1juana)

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

HC. I am going to try to get Bayh and Greggs elected as well, could be a clean sweep in IN, I am not betting on it though.

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I voted this morning for Hillary Clinton. Not the proudest I've ever been to cast a ballot, but I feel that the alternative is too dire.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Exactly, Hillary is not going to destroy the country while with Trump we might take a nose dive down the gutter.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Never Trump.