1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starter PF: PPat, Morris or Terrence Jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sean88888, Nov 11, 2012.

?

Starter PF: PPat, Morris or Terrence Jones?

1. PPat

60 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. Morris

96 vote(s)
    30.9%
  3. Terrence Jones

155 vote(s)
    49.8%
  1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I'd prefer if Morris got the start an Jones comes off the bench. Jones can eventually start one he gets more experience.

2. Grape_Swisha281

I like that

3. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Jones and Montiejunas

4. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

i stated on this site/forum that Patterson is to timid and scared

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

They all should be given some consistent minutes to develop. As for who starts, I don't think it matters much. The one who performs best.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

What the heck are you talking about? Jones was 1 for 6, no rebounds, and he took some horrible shots acting like he's a guard.

7. rocketsmetalspd

Funny how many got their wish and Scola is no longer on the team and the team needs rebound from the starting PF. Patterson was suppose be better than Scola on both rebounding and playing D and in the end he has not delivered. Scola at least is rebounding for the Suns. Oh well, I hope Patterson gets going soon.

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

What's funny is last year if Mook had the game T Jones had last night, everybody would've crucified him. The love for Jones on this site has gotten out of hand. Mook deserves the starting role out of all these guys. We have NO idea what Jones will be

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like giving talented rookies minutes, but he needs to get stronger and rebound better in practice before giving him big minutes. Off the bench, against second stringers if there is a mismatch is ok for now.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I honestly think Morris has earned it.

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Last year, Patrick Patterson was Terrance Jones on these boards.

People fell in love with his upside when in truth even in his first year, he wasn't that great. He showed defense smarts but since his sophomore year, his rebounding started to decrease but people were just convinced if given more minutes he would be able to match the 12-15 points Scola normally produced.

Now, Jones had strong showing in his preseason and summer league and he is the new Golden Child that people are convinced will develop into a super star. Whether it will happen or not time will be the judge but fans just want to see him now to the point of tearing down every other player we have at the position that make compete for minutes they want Jones to have.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like Morris at the 4 for now but I think long term he's better suited to be our starting sf. We need somebody that can score out there, other teams dnt respect anybody on our team besides harden and Lin to and extent on offense. Morris is a potential 20 ppg kinda guy I don't think anybody else has show that yet, not even Lin. (Harden already a 20ppg) having Morris at the 3 next to Lin and harden would make those guys jobs a lot easier because teams have to respect the fact that Morris can score from anywhere. I really like his potential and think that by years end him and harden our the two most coveted players on our roster and Asik also.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think I like this combo when Harden and Delfio are in the game. But at this point I also think Morris deserve's Pat's minutes.

14. hahachui

hahachui Member

i will be happy if we can trade Patterson for a backup point guard....
    or
    a first round 20-30 pick...

15. hahachui

hahachui Member

THIS

He should play more minutes than 2PAT even as a sixth man!

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Replace Jones with Asik, and I am with you. Morris has earned it like a couple of guys said. He is hustling on defense, fighting for boards, even got a big congrats from Lin after his hustle created 2 points against the Pistons. Asik is too valuable on defense and the boards to give up. I'm in favor of playing the best 5, regardless of position (unless it becomes absurd of course). Your best players, if they are well rounded, will create more mismatches than the ones they face. For the Rockets, this means we play big right now, Morris, Smith, and Asik across the front line.

One thing I want Asik to do is to shoot that 10-12 footer when he gets a pass in front of the basket. He's got to take that shot. And if you have Smith and Morris crashing the boards, that is just fine with me.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

At the very least, D-Mo will not waive of a request for a pick. When I saw Patterson do that, combined with his desire not to rebound ....

18. dje243

dje243 Member

Right now smith and morris have earned it. Tjones and Dmo will have to wait their turn.

19. dje243

dje243 Member

Based on current performance the starting lineup should be:

Lin
    Harden
    Morris
    Smith
    Asik

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Plz bro, Morris is inconsistent and Greg is back up center.