1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketRoller, Jul 7, 2019.

1. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

I'm not a regular here, so this may be re-hash, but I like House as a potential starter. Guys got a high ceiling -- effectively a 2nd-year player at 26. Love love love the 42% 3-pt shooting. A year of improvement on the defensive side could make us forget Trevor Ariza. Plus it'd be nice to see Gordon come off the bench again.

Rocket PR, Denovo, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  2. snoop9928

snoop9928 Member

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think so. I'd EG to come off the bench again. Otherwise, no punch off the bench

Plus, 2nd best step back 3 in the game.,...

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Can't wait to see him not play in the playoffs!

Dacamel likes this.
  5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

He won’t start, and might not see big minutes, in the Playoffs, but I suspect he’ll be in the starting lineup once the season tips off. Need punch off the bench, and a Rivers/Green/EGO bench brigade has a decent mix of offense & defense. I also think House is at his best when he’s next to both CP3 & James.

Just please. Enough with the step back 3s. You’re not Harden...

I’m hoping he has an opportunity to improve further - he has the potential to be a decent trade chip for Houston, particularly if he continues to hit 3s at a high clip.

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he is nothing but a stop gap starter...he'd get murdered by the clippers and lakers and any good 3 or 4. The reason he was cut so many times before finding a gig with us is because he can't switch and guard effectively at the NBA level. They can shoot over hiim or go around him after one move. But he's not bad if that's all we can afford. you'd much rather have someone like oubre who can defend but is not as good of a shooter start.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ego probably earned his starting spot last year. I imagine its his to keep again barring the rockets bringing in someone like iggy or covington.

CP3 is only out there for about 5-6 minutes to start the game. he's the first starter to go to the bench and comes back to start the 2nd qtr with the bench. so harden and ego are the main source of offense in the 1st qtr. Paul-rivers-house will lead the second unit. would be nice if we had a PF or center off the bench as well.

mike2k132 likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Its no way he starting over ego. Didnt we go through this last year when people wanted him to start....n I said ego will be ur starter the rest of the year.ego will start until they get a good vet to replace his spot in the lineup ...like Covington

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think House is a good fit at the 3 and should start to give us more rebounding and lenght, but we're dealing with Eric expiring here, putting him on the bench in favor of House might end up bad in terms of extending him.

10. xaos

xaos Member

If the team stays as is, he should start. A full season with us will also help his playoff performance (in theory).

House is a guy who simply fits in our starting five and Gordon fits as the spark off the bench - hopefully last year's numbers are a fluke (bench vs starting)

11. roro12

roro12 Member

House plated well as a starter I think he should start I think Eric should stay in the 6th man role.