1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Gerald Green in place of Ryan Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 29, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hell just start Qi over Ryno they have the same impact anyway

RyanB and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Morey should re-write Ryno's contract:

RyanB and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let's wait and see before we start cheering Green's accomplishments. Every time we add a veteran mid-season it seems he plays really well for 2-3 games before settling into mediocrity or worse.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Is this facetious? Zhou Qi is 22 years old and still has potential. Bobby Brown is in his 30's and can't get more minutes than Zhou Qi and that's before we even get into Zhou Qi's marketing value. I've read enough of your posts to know you're smarter than this.

Huricane and D-rock like this.
  5. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

The problem with Ryan is that he only does one thing really well and is less than average in all other aspects. So the question becomes, does he shoot that much better than the next guy to offset his negatives? He's currently 65th in the league in 3pt shooting among qualified players and 13th among power forwards. I would say that he's a better than average 3pt shooter, but it is by no means a "superpower" that he possesses. I would be in favor of removing him from the rotation when Luc is back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

Zhou Qi is a scrub with no real basketball skill other than being tall & asian. Bobby Brown can atleast dribble & occasionally hit a 3. This board seems to LOVE foreign players more than the american ones, even when the foreign players are significantly less talented. Both are terrible, but why aren't ppl fed up with Qi shooting airballs???

7. aroundtheblock2

Yes, I'm absolutely all for starting Gerald Green in place of Ryan Anderson. We should only play Anderson when guys are tired and we have a few injuries. He's not even capable of Steve Novak production both offensively or defensively.

lw17 and Rox11 like this.
  8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:D:D:D, you keep on waiting homie.

markelliott1997 and CK Johnson like this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Ahhh, yes. The Troy Williams syndrome

napalm06 likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Looking at Greens stats, he's been a negative on every teams he's been on in BPM for his entire career outside of 1 season in PHX.

As good as he looked last game nailing 4 three's and a dunk, playing okay ish D, it's just one game. I say do what Criag said was possible, waive him, sign him to multiple 10 day contracts, then re-sign him if he's played consistently well.

I like that he's a home town guy, might give him extra motivation to play well, as a lot of players note, happiness and situation can effect play big time, and that could be a significant factor for a guy like Green who's been inconsistent over his career.

11. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

When Troy Williams get back from his injury, I'd like to see Mike D'Antoni give him together with Mbah Moute the minutes that he would give to Ryan Anderson. Green just joined the team. I think its too early to start him unless he produces instant offense like Milchael Beasley when he played for the Rockets.

napalm06 and lw17 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

waiting for anderson to get better or the other rockets' role players?

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Then Ryno needs to realize that he should earn that respect back.

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I don’t care if you’re green, black, or brown. If you’re a rocket, I support you.

slothy420 and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

don't think Morey waives guys based on BPM alone

3 Eric Gordon -2.3
    4 Ryan Anderson 0.0
    5 P.J. Tucker -0.1
    7 Luc Mbah a Moute -0.2

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

if eric gordon was on the nets, he probably be in 25ppg. At least all-star reconized for sure..

DonKnock and lw17 like this.
  17. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Can Anderson be "stretched" this summer? What would be his cap hit in that scenario?

18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Absolutely not. He would do that on cringe worthy efficiency.

19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Glad Morey did the right thing and signed him. Ariza needs to get knocked down to 30 MPG for at least a couple months. He is trash in a high minute role.

His legs are visibly shot.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Anderson needs to come off the bench but probably not for Green to start. We need like Al Harrington in his prime lol