1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STAR WARS IX: Billy Dee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

I'll watch just for the Colt .45 easter egg.

JeffB likes this.
  2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

This is all plausible. LOL. Oh man Star Wars is a turd now.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ten bucks says he won't be standing in the film. ;)

Bandwagoner likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It all did seem inevitable, right?

Carrie Fisher's demise really painted this trilogy into a corner...or further backed it there, after some dubious twists and turns going on with the last installment.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Can't do that now that Rian Johnson weaponized hyperspace. Building anything of size and consequence is worthless now. Such a stupid mistake.

i just can't imagine investing that much money into IP and then not plotting out a coherent story line. To turn each episode over to a different writer and director with no idea where you're going is crazy to me. Rian Johnson started writing Last Jedi before he'd seen the conclusion of Force Awakens.

I've really enjoyed the Star Wars Stories (Rogue One and Solo)...and I liked Force Awakens before Last Jedi robbed it of meaning, consequence and any development of newly introduced characters.

jo mama, Yung-T, Entropy and 2 others like this.
  6. MadMax

Instead of making Holdo the hero of the moment with the weaponized hyperspace (which I think is stupid anyway)...they could have had that be Leia. She would have set her sights on the massive ship where she knows Snoke is...the dude who stole away her son and turned him... That would have been a fitting moment. Instead, she's Mary Poppins flying through space unassisted.

Yung-T and Caesar like this.
  7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's still a good movie if you just ignore the mystery box crap. I see it as a great first episode for a series that didn't happen but was a planned reboot of an old series.

8. MadMax

I actually like the mystery box scene..the connection from the past to her...oh, well.

9. Bandwagoner

Sorry, I meant the JJ Abrams "mystery box" where he sets up a ton of things he has no answers for then leaves the project.

MadMax likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

T
    Thanks, thanks for spoiling the whole movie nooooooo, haha. But you're right, at this point I'm thinking Disney knows the series prints money and will just attach episode numbers (if spin-offs don't do well), and since it's announced... Yay!!! 10-12 or whatever.

Caesar likes this.
  11. MadMax

ohhhhhhh..got it. Thanks!

12. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Completely agree with everything here except enjoying Solo part. That may have been the worst movie I've ever seen. Right up there with biodome.

MadMax likes this.
  13. Bandwagoner

biodome had Kylie Minogue in her prime blowing a carrot. it might be the greatest movie I have ever seen.

TMAC3 likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still incredible to me people going all "comic book guy" on the Star Wars movies.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I actually liked Solo same as Rogue One. They're both just..fine. Bland. No stand out characters/actors. All the funny moments fell flat. Dark, greyed out scenes. Overall not terrible, but barely any re-watch value for me. It's all just so.....[​IMG]

I'd be fine if we could erase everything SW theatrical release since ROTJ and start over. Hell,I'd probably enjoy a full reboot of SW using the same characters and original concepts like white armor boba fett. Storm Troopers carrying lightsabers. Wookies that look more like Zeb from Rebels. R2 more "Chopper" looking from Rebels. Metropolis looking C-3P0. Younger Kenobi with armor. Vader with that sharper mask. All white skinny lightsabers. Some of the original ideas like Luke Starkiller. Revenge of the Jedi-Wookies planet instead of Ewoks-Solo dying. The whole aesthetic could be completely new and fresh and the music would probably be Hans Zimmer of course. lol "I am your father...and mother" BWOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG

Entropy likes this.
  16. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree that the Kylie Minogue scenes in Biodome can get you through. Both girls relatively hot. And the girlfriends not too bad either.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  17. Entropy

Entropy Member

Disney isn't incompetent. They know how to make good movies. If they wanted to make Star Wars good they'd put someone like Kevin Feige in charge. They have the people with the creative and business talent to make it work. Unfortunately, the reality is that they want Star Wars to be bad and divisive hence The Last Jedi and Solo.

And yeah, theres no turning back from weaponizing Hyperspace.

MadMax likes this.
  18. Bandwagoner

Even if that is their motivation why not map out a hmm, story that would flow well through the first trilogy? rian johnson was able to just write whatever he wanted, this is not being guided in a way they have done with their MCU.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

If their motivation is to make bad Star Wars movies, why would they want to write a good story?

20. Bandwagoner

Because if your plan was to make it bad, take control of the project and steer it to use all three movies to make it ultra bad. The first movie was pretty decent.