1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

STAR WARS IX: Billy Dee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXTXIA, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

https://slate.com/culture/2018/07/s...y-lando-calrissian.html?via=homepage_taps_top

The Star Wars universe just got a little Billy Dee Williamsier … again! According to the Hollywood Reporter, the actor will be reprising his role as Lando Calrissian, the intergalactic scoundrel and sometime friend to Han Solo he played in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Williams will appear in the as-yet-untitled Episode IX, which J.J. Abrams is directing.

Rumors that Williams would return began spreading when he dropped out of an upcoming fan convention over a scheduling conflict. Although this will be his first appearance as Calrissian in a Star Wars movie since 1983, Williams has voiced the role in several video games and TV series. Most recently, Donald Glover played a young Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Unfortunately for Star Wars fans who are hoping Episode IX will be a paperwork-heavy look at Calrissian’s bureaucratic work as the administrator of Cloud City, John Hollis, the actor who played Lando’s cyborg sidekick Lobot, died in 2005. But there’s still a chance Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and the rest of the Star Wars crew will have to team up to steal Lobot’s body and smuggle it through First Order customs so they can fulfill his final wish of being cremated in Joshua Tree like his idol Gram Parsons. We’ll find out more when Episode IX hits theaters on Dec. 20, 2019.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's back and ready to hit the dance floor!

Yung-T likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Love Lando.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Still haven't seen Solo....at this point I'll wait to watch it on my tv I think....unless I go to the movies on a tuesday where it'll only cost $5 for 2 tickets....

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So they brilliantly kill off Luke and Han. Carrie cokes herself to death and they are forced to scramble for anyone. Brilliant.

Unlikely. He's an 81 year old man .
    [​IMG]

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Haha I totally predicted this would happen when Carrie Fisher died. They really painted themselves into a corner.

Yung-T and steddinotayto like this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Han Solo is one of the most popular characters in Star Wars, maybe #2 behind Vader and probably many peoples #1 most beloved character and his movie was a bust....soooo...make a spin off about a character no one cares about from the movie that was a bust?

Even if you make the film as a sort of sequel to Solo which will feature Solo, Qi'Ra, and
    Darth Maul
    , it still doesn't make sense.

8. TheresTheDagger

Somewhere, there is a site taking odds on how they kill offf Lando in episode IX.

9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

?????

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

What's your question? The spoiler? If you haven't seen Solo, that's why I spoilered it.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hear they're going to let Lando come out as a gender-queer Wookie lover, thereby completing the destruction of all childhood memories of boys born from 1970-2k.

12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I was just confused by your post. I dont think they're making a Lando spinoff, he's just appearing in Episode XI.

Jontro likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Myyyy bad. Wow. Totally overlooked that and immediately thought it was about his spin off. Old ass Billy Dee can barely even speak these days so I just overlooked.

Jontro likes this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll go out on a limb and say this is it for the Milennium Falcon. And we have some sick and twisted moment between Lando and the Falcon as it dies.

Caesar likes this.
  15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm just glad they found another person to kill off in place of having compelling characters or a decent storyline. This one will easily be the best star wars ever.

Bandwagoner and Entropy like this.
  16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Damage control, trying to pull back fans to see the next movie. We killed off Luke Skywalker, but here is a Lando Calrissian consolation prize.

Caesar, MadMax and Jontro like this.
  17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I feel like every year or so another one of these threads pops up and every year here I am b*tching about why they haven’t even explored an Old Republic trilogy.

Oh well, guess they’re gonna kill off poor Lando now.

Jontro likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hope lando gets jedi powers out of the blue and flies off to space leia style, before violently getting hit by a first order ship and dies.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Earn the Man Glover was cool.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Good guess. I doubt they kill Lando, but destroying the Falcon seems like a very real possibility. It'd be pretty dark if no one lives except R2 and 3P0. Kind of sad and twisted that the droids continue to live through the generations of mortal creatures warring over and over. I kind of like it. Gives a fresh new rise in a new Trilogy to characters with zero relation to any OT characters in a future far far away from the current timeline. Take SW into a new direction with risks and no more fan service/light remakes of the OT.
    At the same time, JJ could be back to make a more family friendly fun film and try and undo Rian's work just as Rian threw away all of JJ's work just to please the fans.

-Snoke with the ability to transfer his consciousness into another body or whatever Plagueis could do just to bring him back as a twist and middle finger to Rian. Rey and Kylo team up to defeat him.
    -Luke with a huge role as a force ghost with some Yoda and CGI Alec Guinness Kenobi, then they all CGI into their younger force ghost selves to relate to Rey/Kylo and help train them to defeat reborn Snoke more powerful than ever. Gives fan fave Luke more screen time + fan service-Ewan McGregor. Go ahead and throw in a short moment with Anakin force ghost to bring back Hayden Christtensen fan service and to get Kylo fully on board with the light.
    -Midichlorians. B/c JJ is a Lucas kiss ass.
    -The Newer Order magically at full strength with the most ultimate planet sized weapon of destruction.
    -Even cuter creatures than Porgs on finally a completely new planet more reminiscent of something from the Prequels.

Disney has no idea wtf they're doing.