1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars Episode 3 Title is....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by adw, Jul 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

The Empire Strikes Back is a flat out masterpiece. It could come out at any time and place and become a great film. A New Hope is definitely helped by being revolutionary (i.e. special effects) for it's time. In and of itself A New Hope is a corny, silly film. But because it is so imaginative and "cool", it captured the hearts of many growing kids through the years. And by "cool" I mean Lightsabers. Without Lightsabers, there never would have been an Episode 5 and 6 let alone 1, 2, and 3.

Oh and Return of the Jedi sucked. Any star wars fan will tell you that. Only the Jabba sequence is any good in that move. The Leia sister thing is stupid and unnecessary. The plot rehashes by bringing back another Death Star. And the Ewoks are beyond Horrible. It is due to the overall quality of the first two films that makes people tolerate that movie at all.

2. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

starwars....sucks

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

screw star wars, I'm still waiting for the sequel to Howard the Duck.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Don't worry. It won't. :mad:

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

lol, i love that movie. actually, when i watched it as a kid, the Dark Overlord gave me nightmares. really freaked me out.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I am in the minority of fans that does not think eps 1 and 2 are worse than 4, 5, and 6. In fact, if i had to rate them so far, I would say I liked them in the order:

The Empire Strikes Back
    Attack of the Clones
    A New Hope
    The Phantom Menace
    Return of the Jedi

There were plenty of horrible things in TPM, most of which can be summed up by saying Jake Lloyd and Jar-Jar Binks, but none of it is as bad to me as the Care Bears slaughtering the stormtroopers.

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

great call

but what about the prequels to Bill and Ted!!

9. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Some people dont know, RETURN OF THE JEDI was supposed to be REVENGE OF THE JEDI, but they figured it would be bad for a Jedi to take "revenge" and wouldnt agree with the jedi principals. They even have rare REVENGE OF THE JEDI posters.
    This is an excellent fit for a title, but doubt it can make up for the past 2 movies.

10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

11. Fatty FatBastard

Or the slightly less popular book "Nobody poops but you".

12. Fatty FatBastard

Oh, and I don't care what anyone says, ROTJ is great for the sole reason of seeing leia in that outfit at the beginning.... period.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Nope, it's legit. A DVD-Rip of Return of the Jedi has leaked onto the net. Naboo has also been added to the end celebration. Also, the Sarlacc Pit burping after swallowing Boba Fett has been removed, which has made some fanboys happy, but I always loved that moment.

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but even the Ewoks are better than, a whiny "But mom, you said the biggest thing wrong with the galaxy is that people don't help each other."(paraphrase)

And I actually loved Attack of the Clones. Not sure if I would put it above Star Wars, but it was still one of the greatest movie experiences I've ever had. I'm sure most of it had to do with the fact that I saw it at the world famous Mann's Chinese theater in LA with an absolutely rollicking fanboy crowd.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

Well, I happen to be a star wars fan and I really liked Return of the Jedi.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ditto. I love ROTJ. Granted, it used to be my favorite SW flick as a kid, until I rewatched Empire when I was 16 and realized the brilliance and superiority of that film. But I still enjoy the hell out of Jedi. I still like the Ewoks, the space battle still rocks, and I actually appreciate the Emperor/Vader/Luke scenes more than when I was younger.

The only major problems with ROTJ are Carrie Fisher's coked up "performance" and the recycled plot of ANH. I swear, most fans didn't start bashing this movie until Clerks came out and it became the cool thing to do.

17. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Boo, Fatty got to it first...

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Return of the Jedi is freaking awesome. Anyone who hates on the Ewoks is nuts... this is Star Wars, not The Godfather.

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I also liked it. Yes, the Ewoks were stupid and detracted from the movie, but the pacing was pretty good (brisk and exciting) and the action was excellent.

Besides, if not for ROTJ, we wouldn't have Admiral Akbar's immortal phrase, "It's a trap!" :)

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member