1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stand Your Ground

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

You know... a black person... from New Orleans. Come on, don't make him say it directly.

2. treeman

treeman Member

Yes, that would be the a*shole who moved in after Katrina that everybody on the street hated (including my black neighbors). As soon as he moved in everyone's cars and houses started getting broken into. His small kids (under 10 y/o) were frequently seen scoping out cars, which would then later get broken into. He played loud music at all hours of the night and got into several altercations with neighbors. And did I mention that he let his freaking pit bull run wild all over the neighborhood, where children (including mine) were frequently playing in the streets?

Yes, he was black. Yes, he was from New Orleans. Neither of which alone mean anything at all to me. Calling him the "Katrina a*shole" is simply a convenient identifier; we all knew who were talking about when we used that term. Yes, he was a fu*king a*hole. As I said, everyone on the street hated that family, because they were trash. Even the other black neighbors, who I got along with just fine, hated their guts. Call me racist if you want, sticks and stones, whatever, but I think I am allowed to hate someone for being a co$ksucker.

And yes, I nearly shot his dog, and wouldn't have hesitated had it come any closer.

I don't live there anymore. Left Houston last year and don't regret it one bit.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I love my city.

4. treeman

treeman Member

Thanks for the personal insult, internet toughguy. :rolleyes:

I was born and raised in Houston. There are things I like about it, but frankly, I just got tired of the crime. Two shootings and a home invasion that left two people dead on my street in the last 3 years, and the fact that my wife couldn't walk down the street without getting harassed or hit on, got pretty annoying.

I'm in a much nicer area now. The only thing I really miss about Houston is the Rockets. I am, unfortunately, in Spurs country. Gotta make sacrifices to get what you want, sometimes.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No need to disrespect the City. You lived in a tough neighborhood and guess what? They have those everywhere in the US. You cant single out a city because of it.

I don't live in a Suburb. I live in the south side by Telephone rd. and I talk to my neighbors about watching each others backs. We communicate as a community. Have each others numbers and if we see something fishy we call each other.

Participate in community and you can get things done

6. treeman

treeman Member

Houston has alot going for it in many ways. Lots of stuff to do, great shopping and restaurants, close to the beach... But I just can't get past the crime. As a father and husband my primary duty is to protect my family from harm. I couldn't do that in Houston, especially while I was at work.

I was in Spring area, not a terrible neighborhood by comparison with many others in the city. But it had noticeably gotten worse over the last decade. My choices were to move further out and stay in the Houston area or blow it up and start somewhere else fresh. I chose the latter.

I got along well with most of my neighbors (except for Katrina a*hole) and we generally tried to look out for each other and help each other out, but there's only so much you can do. My wife literally could not walk down our street without being harassed. She'd get harassed standing on our front yard playing with my kid. Pretty much all of our neighbors were black or hispanic, and while most were great people and we got along with them fine, there were enough who weren't to drive us away. Many of the younger generation have no respect, and we were the target of racism on more than one occasion. Also, my wife isn't hard on they eye, and she got tired of getting hit on. We both got tired of it.

Like I said, we're in a much better place now. Don't regret it at all.

1 person likes this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Tbh, I find it hard to believe that you would be conscience enough to do jack if you got into that position.

Let's put aside the legal crap. You're a big vag if you go look for a fight, get your ass kicked and then proceed to shoot that person. Point blank. A big vagaygay.

8. treeman

treeman Member

You don't know that at all, and it's not an assumption that you can really make. You might get knocked unconscious on the first hit, you might take 30 hits and still keep going. Personally, I have never been knocked unconscious in my life. And I have been hit pretty hard, including hitting the pavement pretty hard with my head.

If someone did it to me once that would be enough for me to use deadly force. I wouldn't feel too nervous about going into a courtroom with that, either.

9. treeman

treeman Member

How old are you, 13? :rolleyes:

I don't look for fights. Outside of Iraq I haven't gotten into a real fight since I was a kid. I don't play that s*it anymore. One of the great things about carrying is that it gives you a very strong incentive to avoid fighting - which I do. You can say pretty much whatever you want to my face and I don't really care.

If I do get into a figfht and get my ass kicked, then so be it. If I get into a fight and someone picks up a deadly weapon or does something else that can potentially kill me, then you bet I will use a lethal option. I'd be stupid not to.

I and people like me have a right to carry and will continue to do so. Deal with it, douchebag.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL what's gotten your panties in a bunch? Breathe in, breathe out. It'll be aight.

I was speaking generally. Most men wouldn't have the awareness after getting their head slammed into the concrete a few times by another decently strong man.

11. treeman

treeman Member

Apologies, thought you were talking about me.

You'd be surprised at the abuse alot of people can take. I would not automatically assume that a single strike on the concrete is going to knock someone out. It only works that way on TV.

1 person likes this.
  12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You also hear many stories of people taking a punch to the head,thinking they are ok and then die the next day from a brain hemorrhage .

13. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member