1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stackhouse WAS interested in the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bcast89, Oct 6, 2009.

1. bcast89

bcast89 Member

"While [Jerry] Stackhouse worked out with the Hawks late in the summer — to rave reviews from beat writer Sekou Smith — Atlanta was never a very serious option for him. There was some contact with Houston, according to Stackhouse, but the Tar Heel is mostly looking to join a contender, which obviously the Rockets are not at this point. 'That's my final goal. I'm trying to catch on with a team that's close to winning a championship. I think after all my years in Dallas I have proved that I can accept a role and still help a team.' Even though not ready to retire, Stackhouse says he's contemplating some other options for when his playing days are over — mostly broadcasting and coaching. 'I definitely want to be around the game. Being able to be work with young guys and help them develop, I would have a blast doing that.'"

here's the link to the source
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=Ai.wOJy91L.7Gg7GI2JQIii8vLYF?urn=nba,194168

I don't think he would've helped our team much, but if we were "contenders," I might've given him a look.

please lock if posted before

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Interesting, but his best years are behind him.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Get em, give him 20mpg, maybe he lets good in our offense, and we can deal him to a contender with Cook to get under.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Stack still has game left in him. When he was on the Mavs, I felt like he was a Rocket killer.

He could at least put the ball in the bucket when things aren't going too well for us on offense.

I don't forsee Morey making any more moves for awhile though.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

For what it's worth, Mavs fans on a general NBA forum I used to frequent seemed to loathe Stackhouse. They considered him a cancer.

#5 ClutchCityReturns, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

What's the point in having him? he's old. we wont win with him. he might take away minutes from a young guy who'll contribute in the future.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Its all a moot point, the way the article reads Stackhouse was contacted but wasnt interested due to his desire to go to a contender.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Sounds like the same thing he said minus the old part.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good lord, no !

DD

10. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

As usual DD, being short-sighted and narrow-minded. This guy--

Wait. Jerry Stackhouse?!

DO NOT WANT

11. Dream Shake 81

NO WAY! The Stack needs to retire.

12. sergio

sergio Member

Why do some players think they deserve to just jump to a contending team and get a ring? What happened to earning it by making the team your with better by trying harder? I'm sure every average player wishes they could just happen to be on the team that won it all, for example Robert Horry earned his rings with different teams by making them better.(or was it luck?)

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Stack sucked last year :|

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Stack's done. He wouldn't be able to help any team at this point, contender or not.

15. amaru

amaru Member

He's been done for quite some time.

16. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Oh man, I think I remember. RealGM; weren't you a mod there? Didn't you leave saying you had to much stuff to do to post on a forum?

17. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

really though, I'd rather be a team that's not a contender bbbbuuutt if a couple things go right could be in less than a year if tracy works out and comes back for less money and if Yao comes back strong.

18. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

Who cares... Maybe five years ago, but not now. We need to get yunger not older

19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

20. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Stackhouse, peh! He's done. Stick a fork in him.
    The hawks a contender for a championship, LOL.