1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SQL training advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by geeimsobored, Feb 22, 2013.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm just curious but what is the best way to go about SQL training? I do a lot of data analysis for work but not very much database administration. Much of my work has been for small organizations without the need for large databases (or they use very specific databases that aren't used by most corporations).

Nonetheless, I'm in this weird position where I have plenty of experience when it comes to analysis and technical writing but almost no experience when it comes to database administration. So I feel it might be best to just teach myself how to manage SQL servers. But the biggest question is what is the easiest way to do that?

I'd ideally like to work towards getting the Microsoft certifications although I'm not sure how useful those are. Any thoughts on that as well?