1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs we need your help!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Toffeeone, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I am not asking Spurs to trade us Kawhi, but ship him to Celtics.

The news is Kawhi is asking for a trade and he prefer Lakers or Boston as second destination.

If Kawhi goes to Lakers we have lost all the chips for Lebron plus CP3 may leave as well. They don't need PG but I can't see PG coming to Rox when CP3 won't be here.

If Spurs trade Kawhi to Celtics then I can see Lebron may not want to go to Lakers and we are still in the run.

2. Coach E

Coach E Member

There is about zero chance Lakers get him.

There best talent is Ball, who is not available. Even if he was, that doesn’t strike as a situation the Spurs would likely want (Lavar).

Outside of Ball, Ingram is there next best, he’s a big guy who can shoot... the spurs have LMA.

Kuzma is next, if he didn’t play in LA the hype around him wouldn’t be as high, he is good, has a nice season. But that’s ONE season on a bad team.

I just don’t see LA having the ammo to get him.
    Boston and Philly are better positioned and in the east. The spurs most likely to trade him away to an eastern team.

Most importantly - he doesn’t have any say, he doesn’t have a NO TRADE clause.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Actually I'm fine with pg being here with harden n cappella. That's a championship-caliber team. Cp3 might get hurt.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Send all these bastards east. Give the Western Conference a break for once.

s3ts, IvanLCPM, rocks123 and 7 others like this.
  5. aroundtheblock2

Pop isn't dealing Kawhi to the Lakers. No need to worry.

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Huh Ingram is their best player. They wouldn't tough ball. If i get Ingram(a kwahi lite) im.really high on him. I'm why ur putting him as a power forward. Kuzma n randle n a draft pick I'm taking that

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Based on how the last Spurs fan that showed up on CF - to voice his support for the Rox in the playoffs - was treated on here... I wouldnt expect any favors coming our way...

amaru, UTSA2step and BigggReddd like this.
  9. Coach E

Coach E Member

Randle is a FA.

Their picks probably won’t be very high if you Trade Leonard, they would make the playoffs and prehphs even the second round. Your picking 20+.

Also Randle is a RFA, he can’t be traded.
    Ingram is not similar to Leonard, who is one of he beat defensive players in the league.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP3 isn’t going anywhere, can we please just stop this?

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I was taken back at how rude Clutchfans can be when that happened.

Houstunna, Corrosion and kjayp like this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the east can uset he talent

13. xaos

xaos Member

Remember when that Spurs fan posted a thread wishing us luck vs Golden State and a lot of members (not all) treated him like crap? Now we ask for help haha

hakeem94 and JamalP. like this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

Oops, didn’t see this before my post.

kjayp likes this.
  15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Spurs arent trading Kawhi atm. The hold every card in the book(especially since he does not have a trade blocker)...Really seems a lot like Paul George 2.0, and they can get the highest value for him when they want.

So lets give trade value to what its going to be to get a 26 year old entering prime years superstar. And he will cost at least 2 of the 3 listed below:
    1. One top 15 player in return
    2. At least 2...1st round pick(s) plus 2nd's
    3. Solid NBA starter or potential young stars​

Lakers dont have '1'. And the Spurs wont trade him to a western conference team.
    Sixers dont have '1', but do have some franchise building pieces that could be used as trade
    Raptors (DeRozan in my opinion is a top 15 player), but dont really have 3...
    Wizards dont have '1', but Beal and Oubre plus picks could be something to work with.
    Timberwolves dont really have '1' to trade(because I believe Towns is untouchable), but they could package Butler, Wiggins and 1st rounder(s).
    Celtics do have '1' in Kyrie...have multiple 1st round picks, have potential young stars in Brown or Tatum.

Out of all these teams, Celtics look the most realistic, but if there are more than one team involved...perhaps the Lakers have a chance. One team that could really aid a trade scenario for the Lakers is the Suns. They have the 1st pick, and they could easily take Ingram and Deng(plus either Ball or Kuzma), the Spurs could get the 1st overall pick plus future 1st rounders from LA plus Isaiah Thomas.

16. TheresTheDagger

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

DA:eek:

saleem likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why is no one talking about Kawhi to Cleveland to join Lebron?

Seems that would be Lebron's #1 choice for family, and he'd be playing with a Top 5 player.

Love + the #8.

hakeem94 and kevtse like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Because kawhi won’t resign with cleveland? And because lebron would just opt in for one year and be gone?

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you giving reasons for why Cleveland wouldn't do it? Are you saying CLE would block the deal?

It's absolutely the easiest (and might be the only) way for Lebron to team up with the best player available. Kawhi is much better than PG13.

DonKnock likes this.