1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs vs. Thunder - 2012 Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, May 21, 2012.

?

Who wins the series?

Poll closed May 27, 2012.
  1. Spurs in 4

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Spurs in 5

14 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Spurs in 6

45 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. Spurs in 7

26 vote(s)
    14.2%
  5. OKC in 4

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. OKC in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. OKC in 6

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  8. OKC in 7

44 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Man I want the Thunder to win simply because of Durant but I really think that the Spurs will prevail and will go all the way, which is ok.

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Spurs aren't that old of a team just Duncan and Ginobli and Duncan is the only one that might have to play heavy minutes.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's gonna be Thunder vs. Heat.

Thunder in 6.

4. 713

713 Member

Thunder vs Heat. Stern wont let spurs get more than 2 win in this series.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Thunder are done. They can't beat SA.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Stern let the Spurs win 4 championships, don't see why he'd be opposed to one more...

According to everyone else to, Stern was trying to extend this series...I guess not.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Charles Barkley ~ Matt Bonner is going to have a good series.

8. munco

munco Member

Rooting for Thunder but would bet on Spurs if my life depended on it. OKC is still young and maybe next year is there year.

With that said OKC in 7 with Durant hitting the game winner.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Andrew Bynum (on his contract) ~ I don't care, I'll play anywhere.

10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

He can come here to houston.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

was gonna say Spurs but now I really think about this series, I say OKC in 6.

Duncan/Diaw/Splitter will finally meet formidable post defense and in general good, active defense from the Thunder. Clippers D was a joke.

Meanwhile, Spurs defense is gonna have their hands full guarding WB/Durant/Harden. Their age is gonna catch up to them this series. I predict the series going 2-2 then the last two games closed out by Durant and co.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No, the last thing Stern wants is a game 6 in LA where the hometown fans can land them a game 7. And in a game 7 everyone is watching, so anything can happen.

Point is so many bet on the Lakers that if there was a series to rig this one was the one. Everyone took the 5 to 1 odds on the Lakers.

If I wanted to bet on the Thunder I had to bet $4,000 to win $800. Not many have the balls to risk that kind of money against the Lakers for that little reward.

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

The OKC big guns kinda look ok agsint the Spurs big guns - Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka, Perkins dont look too bad against Parker, Ginobili, Jackson, Diaw, Duncan.

But when it comes to the 2nd string players, the Spurs have way too much depth - Leonard, Green, Neal, Splitter, Blair and Bonner crap all over Fisher, Shefalosha, Collison and Mohammad.

Not to mention the experience advantage the Spurs have.

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I think they're going to put Bonner in more. Unlike with the Clips and Griffin, he won't have to worry at all about guarding Ibaka or Perkins. OKC will take one of them out rather than give up a ton of open threes, leaving 1 true big on post D on Duncan. The resulting match-ups between small lineups will be a joy to watch.

15. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Most seem to think the series is going to at least 6 games (split about 55/45 favouring an OKC win). I'm going for OKC in 7, no real reason should be a hell of a series though!

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

They put Bonner at 4, OKC can roll with Durant at 4. Definitely an adv. for OKC.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I pick the Thunder. They are more battle tested within the playoffs for this season. Spurs had some easy teams. A challenge finally could throw the Spurs off. Thunder have already been challenged by the better teams. They are ready for anything that happens in this series. I know the Spurs have veterans who have been through this. Practice in those situations makes perfect still. Thunder can handle the pressure of close games as already proven.

19. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Spurs in 5. Steamrolling their way to the championship. Old heads will prevail.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thunder are going to have to run. and run and run

i think duncan will have to get cold eventually. he has been playing out of his mind.