1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs signed Boban Marjanovic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Jul 10, 2015.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Spurs signed the best euro-center in Boban Marjanovic according to multiple reports.

This guy is not on Yao level at 7'4 but he's also excellent low-post player that catches everything and he set all-time Euroleague rebounding record this year.

He may be slow on the pick-n-roll as Yao was, but do not ignore him, he's good, very good.

I mean, that's an answer for GSW supersmallball lineups with adding LMA, West and now Boban

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PyHS-oTeAkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Did they own this guy's draft rights?

3. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

No, he was undrafted in 2010, his breakout started a few years back, he was a scrub before, but now he's a machine, I mean, he's dominated every Euroleague team with his size even while playing on a team with one playmaker in former Net Marcus Williams.

I remember the day, when Williams was injured in the third minute and they were unable to give him the ball and were losing by over than 20 in the half. After that he just single-handedly put his team on his back and cut this lead by himself in 13 or 14 minutes on elimination game for his team. They've eventually lost, but he had a terrific season. TERRIFIC.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The same answer that failed when the Cavs tried it with Mozgov last month.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh man... if that poor guy ever sees an NBA court, it will not be pretty. Nothing like slow+weak in today's league.

6. basketballholic

You'll see soon enough. He's going to be the primary backup 5 to Timmy. He'll be in the regular rotation and will average 15-20 minutes a night.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stop underestimating Big Shot Boban!

8. Pete the Cheat

can't wait for the Spurs to pass out upside-down Spock ears on Boban Appreciation Night

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Do not fool yourself, when Cavs lost two all-star caliber players it wasn't about small-ball. Let Draymond Green shoot three pointers, let him beat my team. He was 4-19 on threes and Warriors still have won because they had much more talent.

Put Kyrie in, even without Love, and the turnaround would be dramatical.

I would have concerns about him if he would play for a somewhat of a coach, but Pop is the best all-time and he showed us how to turn scrubs into a diamonds.

Boban would be a really good role player for the Spurs once he'll adjust to the pace of the game, like it was with Yao. Two months or so and you can have 12-15 really solid minutes from him every single night

10. B-Bob

Okay, tell you what. Let's make a simple bet.

I will bet you in the coming regular season, 2015-16, that if Duncan is healthy, (meaning he appears in at least 60 games), Marjanovic will average less than 15 minutes a game for the season. For him to legitimately average 15 minutes or more a game, he must appear in at least 40 games over the regular season.

If I lose this bet, I will request a change of handle to B-Boban.

If you lose this bet, you will request a change of handle to bobanballholic.

What say you?

1 person likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Next Whiteside like breakout, _holic?

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

This is the best bet I think I've ever seen on Clutchfans.

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Spurs in full tank mode now! :eek:

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CONFIRMED via partner in Boban Marjanovic firm -- <a href="https://twitter.com/RomNedovic">@RomNedovic</a>. The Serbian giant is San Antonio bound.</p>&mdash; David Pick (@IAmDPick) <a href="https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/619568403334873091">July 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. B-Bob

*If* they signed him it will be for D league. Dude needs major work in the gym. Those highlights have him playing against people who are like 6'9", tops, and also fairly weak.

Or then... maybe bobanballholic will make me regret this ... maybe he will take my bet and render me forever... B-Boban. :(

[​IMG]

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

History has shown that once he loses the bet, he will run away and make another handle and re-appear.

#16 Zboy, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Dude definitely has Marfan Syndrome

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All good points - you can generally tell the quality of a team/ league as inversely proportional to the scrabble score of its name, which does not bode well for the hero of Crvena Zvezd (38 points) as he makes his jump to the Spurs (7 points)

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, he's going to be 28 already and the Spurs have no rim protection at all off the bench, they are gambling on this guy. A gamble that I doubt pays off.

20. OpenLayup-Why3?

Baynes left, Marjanovic came. Fun fact: some years ago they played in Lithuanian league. Small world.
    To the guy who keeps saying Boban is weak, I can only laugh. NBA is really ****ty with centers lately. Most NBA centers are big p*****s and they can't push nobody around, they won't be able to do **** to this guy. Weak my arse.
    He might struggle because of speed, not because there's someone in the NBA who can push him around.