1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sportsline] Astros Interested in Mike Stanton (Rumor)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by bigboymumu, Jul 6, 2005.

1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Sportsline Rumors

The Astros are interested in reliever Mike Stanton, who was designated for assignment by the Yankees, says the Houston Chronicle.

2. tigereye

tigereye Member

Surpirsed to not see this....

Peter Gammons said Wed night on Baseball Tonight to expect the Astros to land Stanton by next week.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Astros have been interested in Stanton for a number of years, so the thread title is actually a fact :).

4. tigereye

tigereye Member

I'm not denying the vaildity of this thread, I've heard his name along with Jeff Neson's name mentioned here many times in the past few years......

But I was surprised to not see Gammons report of Stanton to Houston as a done deal not posted on this soruce of news that is the Clutchfans BBS.

You know, as I think about it, this is the reason why were are hearing rumors of the "Qualls for Millar" deal? Everything seems to be falling into place....this is beginning to remind me of last season's magical ride. Hopefully we go all the way this time.

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He signed with the Nats.

6. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Nats picked up Preston Wilson also

7. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

If we could get the wild card, i would love to match up with the Nats in the first round. Our pitching would kill them.

I like the Preston Wilson and Stanton pick up they made, but the're still gonna need another big bat if they expect to at least go to the WS.

I could see them as legit competition for Dunn. They're among the worst in the league in homeruns. I'm not familiar with their farm system, but it's got to be loaded with some prospects after the Expos have sucked for so long. :p