1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

personally i love the calvin show, especially when they're talking rockets. generally if they move on to other sports i'll flip between that and charlie's show on 790.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can believe he has a strong caller base, but I betcha his is the lowest rated sports show in town by a country mile.

This may surprise you, but I listened to him a lot in the summer and it was tolerable. When the season started, the lack of substantive and logical Rockets talk and his annoying habit of centering nearly every conversation on himself was too much. Calvin is too caught up in his own celebrity.

Here was my last straw: One day last Fall I had just tuned in and someone called in about the upcoming Titans game (in Houston) and asked Calvin who he thought would win. Instead of addressing the question, he spent 10 minutes blabbing on about how a junkyard owner he knew got him tickets to the game. He never made one comment about the game itself.

Please understand I have no ax to grind with Calvin and I'm just discussing him the same way as any other radio host. Different strokes for different folks.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Lesbian Craig.

They are callers into 610. I guess they parlayed some phone callings into getting a show.

4. conquistador#11

The show is on 610. Since 610 is the home of the rockets, I thought these guys would.... you know talk about the rockets. Instead, they spent time talking about Highschool basketball, TSU basketball, and using the airwaves to 'freestyle'. maybe Poster guerrilla black is lesbo craig?

5. conquistador#11

sorry for the double post. Why do they call him lesbo or lesbian craig?

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Cause the former WNBA star who turned lesbo was his dream girl so he became a lesbian in order to still have a chance in hitting it.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AELRO1xHTQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AELRO1xHTQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

8. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

I can't believe this thread is still going on. haha.....1560 the game is the best with John and Lance. Jim Rome sucks. The "Drivetime Players" would be good if it wasn't for Rich Lord. One of the promo's on 1560 has a caller talking about how Rich Lord sounds like he's dying everytime he talks on 610 and that made me laugh my ass off because it is TRUE. Matt Jackson is cool though, he makes it worth listening to. I have also grown to appreciate John Lopez on 790 lately. Even though he does make some stupid assessments, he has been on point with the Rockets lately. That Ted Deluca guy though.....wow, this guy really sucks. Sounds like he has a voice for making commercials or describing the products on "The Price is Right" show.

9. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Hey did you find all of the Easter eggs in the spot?

10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I read in the Chronicle today, that Jeremy Foster will be leaving 610. For some strange reason, I think I will actually miss listening to him on the radio

11. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

no. what are they?

and you were mentioned on the revival hour the other day, as chance mcclain the former kilt employee.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

fizzle is getting married and moving to Phoenix.

He has three weeks left.

Sad sad day.

I remember his show along with Matt during the night time shift from 7-11.

This was back in 1997-98 ish. Good days.

13. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Damn that **** happened quick. I remember jeremy put that ring on like that. There was one revival hour earlier this year when matt b****ed him out for staying in phoenix and making him fill in. He spent most of the hour b****ing at how whipped jeremy was. That made my day at work. Haha.

I hope they dont add another hour of those two morons in the morning. They make me wanna rip my ears out.

GL in phoenix jeremy.

14. payaso

payaso Member

Resurrecting this ancient thread to address the Austin CF types-
    Has AM 1300 dropped the Texans broadcasts for the rest of the season? I caught the end of the Saints game week before last, but this week sounded like the national slot shows took over.
    I'd hate to have to pay for a stream just to listen...