1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Big Shot Bob, Oct 30, 2007.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread makes me really appreciate the Park and Ride.

2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I love CP but sometimes I put it to 790 and wonder if the station is there. he lets so much dead air happen in between thoughts.

3. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

no love for 97.5 fm? mike and mike are pretty good.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I listen to ESPN Radio on XM from time-to-time in the morning.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Not too fond of the local shows in the morning, so I'll listen to Mike and Mike. I used to like Cowherd, but he's gotten more annoying than he was and it passed my annoyance threshold. I'll listen to Rome and Mike Tirico & Scott Van Peezy when I get a chance at lunch.

I like Sean and John, but even though I enjoy their non sports stuff, after a while it seems like they rarely talk sports unless it's non local sports. It takes a caller to remind them about Houston teams it seems. Also, I looked up some of the pictures on 1560 and it looks like their studio is just some mics set up at a conference table in some random office space, maybe that's why it doesn't sound as good. Seriously, how is it that Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey on Full House were able to set up a badass radio studio in Danny Tanner's basement while 1560 looks like a place where some high school kids would record their free podcast?

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

97.5 is my favorite station (I'm a little biased though).

7. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

TV ;)

though i too was surprised to see NVE standing up at a table watching 2 girls 1 cup.

are you the one who's answering phones there?

i'm not gonna scroll through 14 pages to find out
    :D

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

yeah its me i do that 2 days out of the week from 2-7 and then i run the sound board for the national shows (mornings) 2 days out of the week

right now i answer phones mon and tues but that could change because i got another job somewhere else so im trying to figure out my schedule.

10. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I will film the studio today and post a youtube of it if I remember. Some pretty good stuff up here. And there's beer in the fridge.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

chance,
    i still have a problem with reception, i live, drive, work in the tomball spring/klein conroe area

12. msn

msn Member

Lance and John used to be better than they are today. They used to actually talk sports and be half-informative. Chance, can you lobby with them to get back to that?

And, what's with the Ken Hoffman show? Holy crap, what a waste of airwaves.

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Anyone catch the show yesterday? They were broadcasting from a golf course. Lance let loose some full on coughs straight into the microphone without any attempt of turning his head. Does he realize how horrible this sounds to the listners in their cars???

Why stop there? Why not start passing gas into the microphone while you're at it?

14. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

This morning 1560 has more updates about Britney than TMZ.com.

:rolleyes:

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hmm, I only heard the parts were they were punking Rich Lord for watching movies in his room when they went to vegas for the superbowl. I think they were retaliating for something rich had said about them, but I don't know what.

16. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

^^ one of the things he said was that in order to hear a competing station you need a wire coat hanger

17. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I live in Klein and the signal certainly isn't the way we want it, or the way it will be when ABC Radio's attorney's get a life.

We are waiting on some answers from the FCC but I will try to keep you guys up on things.

As far as the content I love it. You get plenty of sports.

18. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Followed by 2 girls 1 cup..... :rolleyes:

19. Poloshirtbandit

I like the station overall. I don't really listen to Sean and John much because they seem to mostly talk about college sports and that's not really my thing outside of UH, but they're not bad.

20. msn

msn Member

A bit biased, aren't we?

Every time I turn to that station, and I do mean *every* *time*, they're talking about girls, or movies, or some other BS other than sports.

Seriously......

Every. Freaking. Time.

Drivel.