1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Radio guys bad-mouthing the Rockets are idiots!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 7, 2012.

1. woodtee

woodtee Member

I don't know if anyone else is annoyed by this but I've been listening a lot to 610 and 790 (mostly 610) and they have been inundating the airwaves with Rockets talk and how incompetent Morey is. I believe that they read Clutchfans because lots of their topics are OUR threads. I hope they read this and will see my (hopefully our) displeasure in their negativity. They seem to think that Clutchfans are blind homers, but honestly I think most of us would do a much better job as radio hosts than they.

One example of their incompetence is this... I don't remember their names, but one guy on 610 keeps going off on how THIS Rockets team sucks and that they have no PG or C. I mean like HOURS & HOURS of this same dang complaint! I keep thinking to myself, "Shut the bleep up! Can't you see Morey's not done. He's not an idiot. He graduated from MIT for goodness sakes! There is no way that he is going to opening day with no PG or C on the roster! The obvious conclusion is that more is going to happen!!! We all don't know exactly what that is yet, but that's what makes this off-season so exciting... (at least there is action... LOTS of action)! I hate GMs that don't do much and when they do, they never make a good deal. Morey takes chances, he's open with the public, and he really is trying hard to build a Championship team for our city. How many GMs can you truly say that about? Especially in Houston... Ed Wade was a joke, Rick Smith gets the credit for Wade's genius, (Luhnow I actually really like).

Next, they ridicule our losing Dragic and signing Lin. Well, Lin is one of the few players in NBA history that have single-handedly turned their pathetic losing franchise into a team of relevance. Doesn't anyone remember how terrible the Knick's record was BEFORE Linsanity? Does anyone remember how many games in a row he won for them (especially without their "superstar" Carmelo?" and just as we all Clutchfanners predicted, once Melo came back, the chemistry was destroyed! Now I'm now saying Lin will always great, what I am saying is that a player with the ability to do what he did HAS something "special." And that is something this Rockets organization has lacked for years.

Give Morey some time, he IS trying to make our team special. Many circumstances have deterred him in the past and it's NOT EASY!!! if it were, everyone would have big threes & rings left and right. My best friend Rileydog & I met Morey at a Season Ticket Holders luncheon a year or two ago and he is a bright, open, honest person (from my observation) and all this Morey bashing from Sports Radio is doing nothing for our city than making them look like jackarses (especially that new guy who loves the St Louis Cardinals). He talks like he knows us and the city and he doesn't! All he knows is how to demean women and try to increase ratings through shock-jockery. If we wanted a radio station that does that, we would all move to Dallas!

In conclusion, Radio-guys, just chill out and let's see what happens. The world is not coming to an end. We will either make a big splash and get a star OR we won't and an tank for a star via draft. The good news is that we will NOT be stuck in mediocrity anymore with the same old tired "assets." We will have new, young "fresh" assets and an increased chance of becoming special once again.

---- Clutchfan 4-ever, "Woody-T"

--- Peace OUT!!!

4 people like this.
  2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

They are lost like we are

3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Radio guys on 610 have been talking **** about the Rockets because they are no longer the broadcast home of the Rockets.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

All I know is that the 610 guys are going out of their way to bash the Rockets organization because they're butt-hurt over the team leaving their station. That's a fact. It's obvious. It's unprofessional. It's childish. It's annoying. It's classless. Just like their station.

They called the Rockets a 2nd rate organization going to a 2nd rate radio station. Yeah right.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

First mistake - Not listening to 790 full-time and getting sucked into those yaks at 610.

7. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

exactly. switch over to 790. they are excited about being the new home of the Rockets and find positive topics to talk about.

btw, josh innes hates all of houstons sports teams.

8. woodtee

woodtee Member

True, but honestly, I'm having the best time tracking all the "Morey Moves" and this draft/free agency period has been a lot of fun. I think they have to remember that this is entertainment and I feel like I'm watching a great suspense movie and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen. It may be a dud or it could be "Sixth Sense-esque" but at least we know it won't be the same dull lineup that no one wanted to pay money to see.

9. thejav

thejav Member

They have atcualy been saying these things for years.. can't say I don't agree with them..

10. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Suggestion: Don't listen to 610am any more until Football season is closer. They dumped the Rockets or the Rockets left. Doesn't matter which way but they now are anti-Rockets. Wouldn't be surprised that if DH comes here they will still hate the Rockets for one year rental, gave too much.... Wait, that's how the BBS is too! :)

11. woodtee

woodtee Member

I LOVE you Ziggy!!! If you're a dude, i apologize in advance, but I agree with you a million percent!

In fact, I think they are trying to sabotage 790 so people won't migrate there for the Rockets. I also heard them say tha the Rockets are going to a second rate station. Low class man.

12. woodtee

woodtee Member

I live in DAllas/Ft Worth area and I use Radio.com on my iPhone, so they only have 610. I just discovered that iHeartRadio carries 790, so I'm converting, Fo SHO!!!

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Josh Pinnes is a moron. I know you read this site, fat boy. Also, please stop talking about "your agent". You are not an athlete, actor or author. You are a (second rate) sports talk show host. No one cares that you have " an agent".

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I mainly stick to 97.5 espn but I will head over to rockets radio to see what the fuss about

15. Voice of Reason

I was a long time listener to 610, but they have really gone down hill lately. Basically, they are trying to be controversial because they have nothing to say.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It's better then not talking rockets at all which they did most of the season.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

For real. Why is 790 doing the same??:confused:

18. woodtee

woodtee Member

That's why you ARE the Voice of Reason!

19. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Josh Anus brought up Clutchfans the other day in a mocking/condescending tone calling everyone on here homers. Seriously though, why does that fat ass have an agent?

20. woodtee

woodtee Member

They don't seem too nasty and militant and brainless about it though. I think they mix in both good and bad to be somewhat objective.