1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sports Media's Worst Nightmare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coyotetex, Jan 3, 2019.

1. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Here is my wish list for 2019:

Morey pulls off another bat-**** crazy trade at the deadline that no one saw coming to significantly improve the Rockets wing play.

The Rockets win 34 in a row to eclipse both the Lakers and Lebrons consecutive wins streaks and reclaim the #1 seed in the West.

Harden averages 37 points a game for the rest of the season and passes Kobe's 2006 for PPG on his way to a 2nd (Unanimous) MVP

The Lakers get passed by Sacramento for the 8th seed and miss the playoffs entirely.

A fan in San Antonio starts a go fund me campaign and raises enough money to buy a billboard in L.A. with the words "Welcome to the Western Conference Lebron"

The Rockets beat the Warriors in the WCF in 6 games and end the series connecting on 27 straight 3 pointers. Chris Paul hits the game winner in Game 6 over Igoudala to seal the deal.

The Rockets beat the Indiana Pacers in 7 to win the Finals with Harden winning MVP honors. Austin Rivers says in an interview that the Pacers were a tougher out than the Warriors.

Nick Wright produces a segment proving to the rest of the NBA world that Harden 2019 is clearly the best season by any NBA player ever and wins a Red Smith Award for outstanding contribution to sports journalism.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

27 straight three pointers was the best part

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I respect the Pacers but Oladipo ain't ready yet for the biggest of stages.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Wylo

Wylo Member

lmao best post of the year

5. smp

smp Member

Can we do another Kmart/Jeremy Lamb for Harden type deal? Maybe send Melo, MCW, BK, and Ennis to New Orleans for AD?

6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I approve

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The NBA is rigged, so...no to everything in the original post. ESPECIALLY the part about Sacramento making the playoffs over Lebron.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Its a joke Moth

Tfor3 and justtxyank like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

photojoe, Tfor3, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I finished Twin Peaks last month and let me say that Laura Dern can have my babies

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Baron Davis knows something.

joeson332 likes this.
  13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The only Warrior I like

Hard_foul and don grahamleone like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think we can and it's not going to be for an established star like AD because Harden wasn't one when we traded for him. I think it's going to be for Jaylen Brown and/or Rozier. I just have a gut feeling that either one can be had if Morey wants them badly enough. Jaylen Brown is the perfect side-sidekick to Harden's Batman and Paul's Robin.

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

"The Rockets beat the Indiana Pacers in 7 to win the Finals with Harden winning MVP honors. Austin Rivers says in an interview that the Pacers were a tougher out than the Warriors."

Subtract the Pacers and add in a different eastern conference team and I really could see this one having the possibility of coming true.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:p

[​IMG]

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

High-Drunk Darryl likes this thread

[​IMG]

18. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

To be the Media's Worst Nightmare, it has to be the Pacers. It can't be Toronto, Boston, Milwaukee or Philadelphia because each has a media darling potential MVP candidate. Having a small market mid-western team with a largely unknown and underrated star as a replacement for a Lebron led Eastern Conference squad would really be just reward for all the talking heads that wished for Lebron to end up with the Lakers.

lnchan likes this.
  19. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I see your point. But you have higher standards then me as I'll gladly accept one of the NBA's most annoying players trolling the Warriors like that.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what would we be sending back