1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sports by Brooks] Beadle OUT for NBA Countdown

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, I hope Lowe doesn't leave ESPN. I don't want to pay for Athletic but if he and his podcast migrate over then I might have to.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As an NBA fan, I started paying for The Athletic last October and it has been worth every penny. Some REALLY great content.

Nook likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How would you feel about paying for two Athletic accounts?

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Hey, if you can get him to cover you, I'll go in 50/50 with you.

Haymitch and heypartner like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek::p

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Good riddance, Ms. "I used to be an Astros fan but not anymore" **** off!

Jontro and RasaqBoi like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-...gines-nba-pregame-coverage-with-new-strategy/

Rachel Nichols will expand her role as host of The Jump. The Jump will now serve as the on-site pregame show on ABC for the marquee NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC series, which airs January-April, as well as the pregame show on Christmas Day prior to the Los Angeles Lakers vs. LA Clippers primetime game on ABC. As part of her expanded role, Nichols will host the NBA Finals on ABC next June, as well as marquee games throughout the NBA Playoffs.

Maria Taylor will expand her role to host NBA Countdown, ESPN and ABC’s longstanding NBA pregame show, from ESPN’s Seaport Studios in New York. Taylor will also have a significant role hosting NBA Playoffs editions of NBA Countdown across ESPN networks.

ESPN basketball analysts Jay Williams and Jalen Rose will regularly join Taylor on NBA Countdown. In addition to Williams and Rose, Richard Jefferson and Paul Pierce will be prominently featured in ESPN’s overall NBA pregame coverage. NBA Countdown generally airs Fridays from 7-8 p.m. on ESPN prior to games and Sundays from 3-3:30 p.m. on ABC ahead of the ABC Sunday Showcase series, which starts in January. NBA Countdown will make its preseason debut on Wednesday, Oct. 9, at 7 p.m. on ESPN.

ESPN Senior NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski will also expand his role and consistently contribute to ESPN’s NBA pregame shows.

Deuce likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rachel Nichols and Richard Jefferson are the worst.

Jontro, RustyHarden and BigM like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not worse than Beadle. And that is all that matters.

Sometimes in life it is not always *the best you can get* but the *least worse of.*

Jontro and King1 like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree. I would rather have Beadle who is open with her Ideals. She's maybe annoying, but she isn't fake. Rachel Nichols is always sniping while feigning objectivity and it's really infuriating.

The way Rachel frames the conversation, trying to bait people into agreeing with her point of view, then falls back as if she wasn't the one holding the lure, is more annoying than anything Beadle would do IMO. Rachel has a special kind of pernicious snakelike behavior that everyone misses.

Richard Jefferson is a just a bad analyst and is always looking for attention with a sound bite or hot take.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

TNT crew should do the finals and all playoff games.

Jontro likes this.
  12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I hate to agree, but some those former players have no business articulating anything related to sports live or taped.

Jontro likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jontro likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

At least her apparent homerism for the Spurs during her ESPN days are better used now.

slothy420, SLRokJok, Nook and 3 others like this.
  15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Meh I always liked Beadle and enjoyed that show. Never bothered me that she was a Spurs homer. The Houston trash talk comes with the territory. That’s just how Texans are. We secretly love when other teams do well in the state, we are just extremely jealous that it was them and not us, and therefore internalize it. Houstonians “hate” San Antonio. Dallasites (?) hate Houstonians. That’s just the way it is. Some things will never change.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Wow she has really fallen, and fallen quickly… she has hopped around so often I have to think she has some personality flaw that coworkers cannot tolerate.

Deuce and Jontro like this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

Think I've been annoyed by both:

Beadle: Just so aggressive and uninformed.
    Nichols: She comes across as making righteous points that are either taken or too correct. Acting as if they are hers. And she will talk over her guests and interject to make them.

I don't mind Jefferson. But I don't care about what he has to say either.

Deuce likes this.
  18. DreamR

DreamR Member

They should replace Richard Jefferson with Gilbert Arenas

The man always makes some good points on his No Chill episodes

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

i had thought beadle was that blek lady on espn that's loud and obnoxious. just googled beadle and surprised that's not her.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, of course that's where she lands. Good riddance!